12 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by /zn/
2 weeks 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   6808  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Last year we believed if the offense could carry the load for the first half of the season, the defense would gel and be better the second half of the season. The offense failed miserably over the first half and we still made the postseason. It gives me confidence, we'll be better this year.

First "half" of 2023 v. 2nd "half." I am not using "half" literally, it's 9 games before the bye and 8 games after it. Problems in the first "half" on offense include both losing Wms for 4 games and Stafford missing one.

Anyway the bye is a serious and significant dividing point. The Rams coaches seem to do serious self-assessment and self-adjustment in bye weeks.

Fwiw here I do a quick comparison of points for/against.

Before the bye, Rams points for/against averaged 19.66/22.66. In the 8 games after the bye, they averaged 28.25/21.6. That's a 43.7% increase in scoring. :shock2:

The points for/against differential (ie. scoring margin) went from -3.00 to +6.65, a swing of 9.65.

If each "half" of the season was ranked against the stats for the whole league for the whole season, it would go like this:

PF, before bye: 23rd
PA, before bye: 22nd
point differential, before bye: 23rd

PF, after bye: 3rd
PA, after bye: 15th
point differential, after bye: 5th

by /zn/
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   6808  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Before the bye, Rams points for/against averaged 19.66/22.66. In the 8 games after the bye, they averaged 28.25/21.6. That's a 43.7% increase in scoring. :shock2:

The points for/against differential (ie. scoring margin) went from -3.00 to +6.65, a swing of 9.65.

If each "half" of the season was ranked against the stats for the whole league for the whole season, it would go like this:

I'm slow but not hopeless.

It dawned on me to do those numbers for the 2nd "half" with just Stafford, so excluding the SF game with Wentz at qb.

So 7 games after the bye w/ Stafford starting they averaged 29.7/22 Vs. the first "half" that's a 51% increase in avg. points per game. :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

Ranked against the stats for the whole league in 2023, that would be:

PF, after bye: 2nd
point differential, after bye: 5th

• 2 / 2
12 posts Jul 05 2024