132 posts
  • 2 / 14
 by PARAM
4 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   12399  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I don't know who is going to make the final 53. But I do feel, whomever they are, they are going to be a better 53 than last year or the year before or the year before that (no offense to AD). It seems the Rams accumulate depth in the draft as well as starters. And they've been accumulating quality depth, the last 3 years (both in the draft and via free agency). Again....and not to beat that drum again....but it's a great time to be a Rams fan.

by safer
4 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1307  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I hope we keep Speight over Reeder. Reeder is a total team guy and plays hard but he's a liability in open space. Speight looks pretty damn good to me.

by ramsman34
4 weeks 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   9028  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 weeks 21 hours ago
 Total posts:   2135  
Pro Bowl

Yep. I suspect that Reeder is a cut. Just because a vet isn't playing in the pre-season games doesn't mean his spot is safe. Rams already know the level even a good guy like Reeder can attain. Shrewd drafting and good coaching has certainly raised the Rams talent level.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 weeks 21 hours ago
 Total posts:   2135  
Pro Bowl

Yep. I suspect that Reeder is a cut. Just because a vet isn't playing in the pre-season games doesn't mean his spot is safe. Rams already know the level even a good guy like Reeder can attain. Shrewd drafting and good coaching has certainly raised the Rams talent level.

by Dare
3 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   215  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

I am concerned that the Rams will be going into the first two games with Bennett at QB2. In 3 preseason games last year he threw 3 INTs. The opposition saw they didn't need to get pressure on him but simply contain him. If you forced him to play from the pocket he's toast.

Now this preseason it's the same book. Just contain him and he probably will turn the ball over. 7 turnovers in 2 games isn't improvement as suggested by one of the beat writers but regression. His weak arm and short stature has been on full display. His two TDs came off of DB mistakes. 10 turnovers in 5 preseason games against backups is scrub level play IMO.

If the Rams keep him around what message are you sending to the rest of the roster, when guys who have played better are getting cut? Sean needs to remember his WE NOT ME slogan. I don't care if he plays a clean game and throws 5 TDs against backup DBs in this last game. Because the next time he sees the field it will be for real against starters.

Matt had better stay healthy those two games. I hope they sign a legit backup off the cutdowns for those two games.

by PARAM
3 weeks 6 days ago
Hall of Fame

I can't help but shake my head when it comes to the worry over Bennett being the backup for the first 2 weeks. If Stafford is injured in week 14 or 15, we're in trouble, no matter who is the #2 QB. If Stafford is injured in week 8 or 9, we're in bigger trouble, no matter who is the #2 QB. If Stafford is injured in week 1 or 2, we're totally fooked, no matter who is the #2 QB. Chances are Bennett, Garappolo or Wentz, etc. would not make the Rams a playoff team if they had to replace Stafford. The earlier they'd have to replace him, the better the chance the Rams wouldn't make the postseason. But I love the implications if that is our biggest worry.

by snackdaddy
3 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   9798  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Yeah, we sure don't want Stafford to go down in the first couple games. We don't want him to go down any game for that matter. But I think with Jimmy G we're in better shape behind him than we were the last few years. If its just a case where he misses a game or two I think we'll be ok. But half a season or more? Probably ruin the season. As it would with any other team who has a high end quarterback.

by Dare
3 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   215  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

I understand the general lack of concern afterall it's only 2 games right?

What was the lesson from their run for the Lombardi during the 2021 season? Playoff seeding is hugely important. #1 and 2 have a big advantage. They are always playing the lower or lowest ranked teams. One or two games could make a huge difference. Also, the top ranked wildcard team has a distinct advantage.

I would expect the Rams to sign Wolford if he is cut. He would require minimal time to prepare and the familiarity with McVay's offense would be clear. The Ram's offense is predicated upon a pocket passer who makes the right reads. Bennett clearly isn't that guy.

by PARAM
3 weeks 5 days ago
Hall of Fame

Dare wrote:I understand the general lack of concern afterall it's only 2 games right?

What was the lesson from their run for the Lombardi during the 2021 season? Playoff seeding is hugely important. #1 and 2 have a big advantage. They are always playing the lower or lowest ranked teams. One or two games could make a huge difference. Also, the top ranked wildcard team has a distinct advantage.

I would expect the Rams to sign Wolford if he is cut. He would require minimal time to prepare and the familiarity with McVay's offense would be clear. The Ram's offense is predicated upon a pocket passer who makes the right reads. Bennett clearly isn't that guy.

What was "the lesson" from 2021? We were the #4 seed and we played the #5 seed, then the #2 seed (who beat the #7 seed), then the #6 seed (who beat the #3 seed, then the #1 seed). I don't see any "lesson" there. Unless you're talking about....if you have a great QB and a great HC and a good defense, you can beat any seed and win the SB.

• 2 / 14
132 posts Sep 16 2024