29 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by kayfabe
9 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   129  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Keep in mind that the Pasadena City Council has put limits on the numbers of large scale events at the Rose Bowl (due to a lot of surrounding homeowner pressure, among other things), though they upped it just last month from twelve to eighteen so that the likes of Jay-Z and Beyonce could have concerts there. Oh, and there's a proposal to become Coachella West and a fun pending lawsuit just last month over tickets given to Pasadena City Council members that might prevent more than one team moving in temporarily...

by BuiltRamTough
9 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

bubbaramfan wrote:So the NFL is looking for a temporary place for the Rams and Chargers to play? How nice of them. Sounds like they think an NFL team is moving there, and within a short time. What, no faith in Chargers getting a new stadium in San Diego? Or Rams moving into a new one in St. Louis? Or just being good boy scouts, "Be Prepared". Really, I thought they would have left that to the team that moved.

But wait the bylaws!

NFL: muhahahahaha..evil laugh

by moklerman
9 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

bubbaramfan wrote:So the NFL is looking for a temporary place for the Rams and Chargers to play? How nice of them. Sounds like they think an NFL team is moving there, and within a short time. What, no faith in Chargers getting a new stadium in San Diego? Or Rams moving into a new one in St. Louis? Or just being good boy scouts, "Be Prepared". Really, I thought they would have left that to the team that moved.
Yeah, I don't know why I glossed over that the first time I read it. With so much talk about AEG, Inglewood, Grand Crossing, Carson, etc., I've sort of become desensitized to news about the NFL in LA.

But regardless of the site, the fact that it's the NFL requesting locations for a temporary home should be considered pretty big news. It sure sounds like they're gearing up for a return.

Dodgers Stadium has often been mentioned but I just can't picture it. Has Angels stadium also been suggested? I sure hope they don't go back there. It's logical to assume that with Fisher's ties to USC that the Coliseum might be the place but I don't see how that would be a good idea. Even USC doesn't sell out that monstrosity and any empty seats will just look bad for the Rams.

by Elvis
9 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   39531  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The NFL is trying to act like they're driving the bus, that they're in control of relocation. And this is part of it. L.A. is happening, they can't stop or control it so they're trying to get out in front and act like they're leading...

by moklerman
9 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:The NFL is trying to act like they're driving the bus, that they're in control of relocation. And this is part of it. L.A. is happening, they can't stop or control it so they're trying to get out in front and act like they're leading...

I agree. IMO, the Rams would already be in LA if not for the league intervening.

So, is it the team that ultimately chooses the temporary site but the league has to okay it, or does the league just okay a couple of sites and the team gets to choose?

by Elvis
9 years 2 months ago
Administrator

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Rams have already made a deal for a temporary site and the leagues is just providing a little face saving cover. But, as always, we won't really know till it happens...

by moklerman
9 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Rams have already made a deal for a temporary site and the leagues is just providing a little face saving cover. But, as always, we won't really know till it happens...
Wasn't it a year ago that Pat Haden said that he'd been contacted about using the Coliseum? He said he couldn't comment about which team, but it isn't like temporary sites are just now being explored.

It isn't my hope, but I think that may be the temporary location for the Rams.

by Hacksaw
9 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

moklerman wrote:
Elvis wrote:I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Rams have already made a deal for a temporary site and the leagues is just providing a little face saving cover. But, as always, we won't really know till it happens...
Wasn't it a year ago that Pat Haden said that he'd been contacted about using the Coliseum? He said he couldn't comment about which team, but it isn't like temporary sites are just now being explored.

It isn't my hope, but I think that may be the temporary location for the Rams.

It's only hearsay from a trusted friend who worked at the Coliseum who told me last year that she saw Rams officials there discussing parking, concessions and such. That happens to coincide with the timing of Haden's remark.
Take it for what it's worth but it came randomly as she knows I'm a huge Rams fan.

by moklerman
9 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

I don't doubt it, Hacksaw. Haden was being very coy about it but I'm pretty sure it was Roggin who was asking(fishing) and it was pretty obvious it was about the Rams.

by Elvis
9 years 2 months ago
Administrator

Whatever is going to happen, the NFL wants to put their face on it. That's what's going on now...

• 2 / 3
29 posts Sep 16 2024