105 posts
  • 2 / 11
 by snackdaddy
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9719  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

2023 is year where they are not gonna spend much money or resources to address the weaknesses. If that means another 5 win season so be it. They can throw the young, inexperienced guys in the deep end and see who sinks and who swims. By next year there won't be as much inexperience. Life as a Rams fan. We've been there done that plenty of times before. But at my age who knows how many more seasons I get to see them try and build another winner.

by PARAM
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12318  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Exactly how I feel. Also, don’t think for one second if the Rams staff didn’t “know” more than we do they wouldn’t have signed someone already or trade for someone soon. Perhaps Boom is the trade bait and something is brewin. I think the coaches believe in who they have and want them to develop. They kept Young out of the Raider game and I bet they do the same against the donkeys.

Thankfully we have 2 weeks from Sunday to see for real.

And to that point and the statement "we don’t seem to be coaching up squat at Edge"......

Ebukam last 4 years:
Rams 4.5 sacks
Rams 4.5 sacks

SF 4.5 sacks
SF 5.0 sacks

Leonard Floyd, 3 yrs prior to the Rams, 3 yrs with the Rams:
Chi 4.5 sacks
Chi 4.0 sacks
Chi 3.0 sacks
Rams 10.5 sacks
Rams 9.5 sacks
Rams 9.0 sacks

Dante Fowler
Jax 4.0 sacks
Jax 8.0 sacks
Jax/LA 4.0 sacks
LA 11.5 sacks
Atl 3.0 sacks
Atl 4.5 sacks
Dal 6.0 sacks

Somebody tell me how we're not "coaching them up at Edge"?

It could be said, "yeah, that's the Aaron Donald effect" and I'd agree. But I'll ask, 'then won't our preseason edge pressure get better once the regular season starts?'. Because AD has played exactly 0 snaps in preseason. We'll see but I have a feeling Young is going to be a stud.

by ramsman34
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8677  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think they have some very athletic and disruptive youngsters at edge. Are they gonna eff up now and again? Sure. But I bet they make plays too. As long as the rest of the DL and edge players can somewhat consistently make teams pay for doubling and tripling AD, we should be fine.

Let’s not forget, coverage will play a very big role in 5-7 step drops/longer developing routes.

Cover better/longer, pass rush tends to get home more often than not.

by ramsww
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   478  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

PARAM wrote:And to that point and the statement "we don’t seem to be coaching up squat at Edge"......

Ebukam last 4 years:
Rams 4.5 sacks
Rams 4.5 sacks

SF 4.5 sacks
SF 5.0 sacks

Leonard Floyd, 3 yrs prior to the Rams, 3 yrs with the Rams:
Chi 4.5 sacks
Chi 4.0 sacks
Chi 3.0 sacks
Rams 10.5 sacks
Rams 9.5 sacks
Rams 9.0 sacks

Dante Fowler
Jax 4.0 sacks
Jax 8.0 sacks
Jax/LA 4.0 sacks
LA 11.5 sacks
Atl 3.0 sacks
Atl 4.5 sacks
Dal 6.0 sacks

Somebody tell me how we're not "coaching them up at Edge"?

It could be said, "yeah, that's the Aaron Donald effect" and I'd agree. But I'll ask, 'then won't our preseason edge pressure get better once the regular season starts?'. Because AD has played exactly 0 snaps in preseason. We'll see but I have a feeling Young is going to be a stud.

Holy crap, I already listed the reasons we won’t be signing Carlos Dunlap or Imgram ($$$) yet you guys come back like that was my suggestion. Now you slag my coaching comment. Since you have nothing to do but look up sack totals for players we no longer have, maybe you can let me know who “coached them up”. ‘cause those coaches ARE NO LONGER HERE. lol

by ramsman34
10 months 1 week ago

They aren’t signing a vet edge player as all those players will likely be worse than Floyd who they let walk. Why would they reverse course now when they could have just re-signed Floyd?? They are rolling with the young guns. And the system and defensive coaches have had continuity since Staley was brought in. Same basic system. Henderson, Shula, and Raheem have been here a minute.

by ramsman34
10 months 1 week ago

Also, Ingram was pretty productive in a rotational role, which he would have here. Now if they get him dirt cheap (vet minimum), that wouldn’t be a bad play if for nothing but his experience helping the young guns while getting some reps to rush.

by Hacksaw
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Besides all that, the answer is 'eventually'.

by ramsman34
10 months 1 week ago

Lol. Ain’t that the truth.

by PARAM
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12318  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsww wrote:Holy crap, I already listed the reasons we won’t be signing Carlos Dunlap or Imgram ($$$) yet you guys come back like that was my suggestion. Now you slag my coaching comment. Since you have nothing to do but look up sack totals for players we no longer have, maybe you can let me know who “coached them up”. ‘cause those coaches ARE NO LONGER HERE. lol

I said nothing about Dunlap or Ingram. I was commenting on your suggestion of signing somebody else's T Lew. You own that, right? Or do you deny you said exactly that? Signing "somebody else's T Lew" would be like buying somebody else's Corvair or Pinto and expecting not to die by asphyxiation or in a fuel explosion.

As far as "slagging" your coaching comment, we've had production from guys who didn't produce elsewhere and as 34 pointed out, those coaches are still here. Looking up the sack totals is called giving examples of facts to dispell your erroneous statement. Nothing better to do? Sure there is.....discuss Rams football rationally but that doesn't appear to be your desire.

by ramsww
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   478  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

PARAM wrote:I said nothing about Dunlap or Ingram. I was commenting on your suggestion of signing somebody else's T Lew. You own that, right? Or do you deny you said exactly that? Signing "somebody else's T Lew" would be like buying somebody else's Corvair or Pinto and expecting not to die by asphyxiation or in a fuel explosion.

As far as "slagging" your coaching comment, we've had production from guys who didn't produce elsewhere and as 34 pointed out, those coaches are still here. Looking up the sack totals is called giving examples of facts to dispell your erroneous statement. Nothing better to do? Sure there is.....discuss Rams football rationally but that doesn't appear to be your desire.

I mentioned a T Lew (like player) for that very reason, DESPERATION. We’ll have to sign someone, maybe 2 and cheap. Floyd was considered a wash out #1 in Chicago and Henderson coached him to almost Pro Bowl level. Now Henderson is also the “Run Game Coordinator” My point is we haven’t been able to do the same with this unit. Some of that individual coaching may not be here. It’s obvious the talent on the field isn’t. That’s not rational?

Rams DLine-LB coaches

Andrew Carter DLine
Joe Coniglio LBs
Eric Henderson DLine/Run Game Coordinator

Eric Henderson. DLine
Thad Bogardus OLBs

Eric Henderson DLine
Chris Shula LBs
Thad Bogardus Asst LBs

Eric Henderson DLine
Chris Shula OLBs
Thad Bogardus Asst DLine DQC