43 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by PARAM
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I think it's also a good place to discuss the stuff Canuck wrote about in the OP which he originally posted in our thread for keeping track of Rams roster moves...

My questions are these....he asks how the acquisition and dump of Robinson is a smart move. Isn't that 2 moves? Clearly, the acquisition was a dumb move. And consequently, after his performance in 2022, what did Canuck (and/or others) expect to get for him? Sure, they basically paid Pittsburgh to take him. What, it would have been better to keep him, unhappy and with his head up his ass? They prolly figured it wouldn't play too well in the locker room. They made a mistake, ate their losses and then some correcting it. But those two things aren't the same move. It's bitching about the dumb move and then bitching because they attempted to correct the dumb move. Isn't that double dipping? JMHO.

by Hacksaw
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

No biggy and Canuck is legit.

by Elvis
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Everything about the 2022 offense was a shit show. Personally i think the Oline injuries were such a huge factor it's pretty much impossible to judge anything else. We might've had a whole different take on ARob had the season gone anywhere near according to plan.

But we'll never know and 2023 is upon us...

by PARAM
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Everything about the 2022 offense was a shit show. Personally i think the Oline injuries were such a huge factor it's pretty much impossible to judge anything else. We might've had a whole different take on ARob had the season gone anywhere near according to plan.

But we'll never know and 2023 is upon us...

Injuries are unpredictable and unpreventable, save for strength and conditioning. 2022's unprecedented O line devastation led to injuries at other positions and made the offense non-existent. Consider 2019, when we had 3 OL go down by midseason. The offense finished #7 in yards and #11 in points scored and the offensive woes included Gurley being a shell of his dominant self. And we still almost made the playoffs. Last year's O line wipeout started in preseason and got worse each week. Then, injuries to Stafford, Kupp, Robinson and VJ coupled with the RB room fiasco doomed any chance of a respectable offense. All we can do is accept it and move on to 2023. Or perhaps gain a better perspective of what they accomplished in 2019. Hell, we went 4-3 in games Bobby Evans started! :shock2:

by Haden
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2143  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Canuck's all right with me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post away!

by AltiTude Ram
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2195  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Haden wrote:Canuck's all right with me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post away!

I couldn’t have said it better. I love his passion for the Rams and the game of football. We don't agree some times but I respect his opinions.

Segregation/Consolidation of his thoughts only adds to the downturn this site has taken.

All posters should be able to express their opinions, regardless of the passion that comes with it.

What's next? JackPMiller bubble? AltiTude subjects to one thread?

I personally think certain posters come at Canuck looking for a conflict. Either agree or disagree but move on. Again, I like his passion and life experiences expressed by him.

by AltiTude Ram
10 months 3 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Whether you, I, or anyone else, "likes" Canuck's, or my, or anyone else's posts is not the issue or the problem here.

It's rather simple. There isn't one set of uniformly applied rules here. Canuck has broken the clearly established rule against personal attacks countless times, and has done so with impunity. His "corner" is actually a benefit, not a punishment. Others have been suspended or banished from this board for far less.

The "why" doesn't matter. Inconsistent, ad hoc, moderation will kill any message board.

Of course, you can always just blame me, if that makes you happy.

Hopefully, you'll read this before I get sent to my corner. :?

Pot meets Kettle.

I'm sure you're more than guilty of the above observations.

I'm not excluding myself as well. The point is to isolate one poster is clearly wrong.

You personally set yourself above others as a moderator because of your beliefs.

But please continue...

by AvengerRam
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:Pot meets Kettle.

I'm sure you're more than guilty of the above observations.

I'm not excluding myself as well. The point is to isolate one poster is clearly wrong.

You personally set yourself above others as a moderator because of your beliefs.

But please continue...

I've never been a moderator on this board. I used to be a moderator on the General Discussion forum.

Facts matter.

by Elvis
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AltiTude Ram wrote:But please continue...

Actually don't.

If you guys want to talk about each other, take it to general discussion, or better yet somewhere else entirely.

Canuck's post was off topic. I moved it.

End of story.

But like i said, if you guys are really dying to talk about this, take it to general discussion...

by AltiTude Ram
10 months 3 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:I've never been a moderator on this board. I used to be a moderator on the General Discussion forum.

Facts matter.

Sorry I was mistaken.

Former Moderator...I guess your job performance wasn't up to standards.

Again, I don't agree with treating one poster differently than others.

• 2 / 5
43 posts Jun 17 2024