42 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by Hacksaw
2 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

^^ As are the Rams. Joe P and I were going to meet up at Fashion Island in Newport Beach to do the tropy tour photo op thing today. He said the line was so long it resembled a line at Disneyland, so we / I opted out. Great to see soooooo many fans though.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE RAMS ARE OFFICIALLY BACK!!!

by Hacksaw
1 year 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

That would be a pretty gross oversight.. That said, and it's only a guess without real numbers, but if they included the SRO seating I think they'd have enough capacity to qualify. They claim to be able to fit a 100,000 in that place with SRO included.

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10646  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I seriously doubt SoFi or anything west coast is an option for the World Cup final. FIFA wants a prime time slot for Europe and that means Eastern time zone works best. You don’t want noon start Pacific time.

Plus shorter flight back to Europe.

It will probably be MetLife.

by rams1974
1 year 6 months ago
 Total posts:   536  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

None announced for "mind blowingly great soccer town St. Louis"? Man during the stadium stuff I was led to believe you couldn't think St Louis without thinking soccer mania. Weird!

If SoFi can't host the world cup final, oh well.. I guess they also won't be hosting the Grey Cup either?

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

rams1974 wrote:None announced for "mind blowingly great soccer town St. Louis"? Man during the stadium stuff I was led to believe you couldn't think St Louis without thinking soccer mania. Weird!

If SoFi can't host the world cup final, oh well.. I guess they also won't be hosting the Grey Cup either?

Thank you Kevin D. for the daily reminder that St. Louis sucks.

You'll notice most of the US locations in the combined North America plan are coastal, which I assume is highly travel based. The oddballs:
=Dallas/Arlington is flyover country landlocked. But they probably got on the list due to Jerryworld and that DFW is a monster airport with existing nonstops to Asia, Oceana and Europe. Plus DFW is capable of handling A380s if they run special flights in to there.
=Kansas City, but the Hunt family is deeeep in to US soccer org so they were a given. The odd thing is though I noticed how small and tight the field is for American football at the Rams/Chiefs game this last November. I can't imagine how tight it is for FIFA soccer. Plus their airport doesn't have any overseas flights.

The lack of Chicago is stunning. But
=their Soldier Field drama is a challenge.
=the city still has PTSD over the 2016 Olympic bid.
=O'Hare will still be deep into it's almost full redo.

by rams1974
1 year 6 months ago
Veteran

St. Loser Fan wrote:Thank you Kevin D. for the daily reminder that St. Louis sucks.

Now, now, it's not daily - it only seems that way. My turn of phrase was a play on "bad football town," but now that you mention it, it is something Demoff might cheekily and unprofessionally say, word for word.

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

rams1974 wrote:Now, now, it's not daily - it only seems that way. My turn of phrase was a play on "bad football town," but now that you mention it, it is something Demoff might cheekily and unprofessionally say, word for word.

BTW Kevin, make sure to show Stan that St. Louis can't support football because Battlehawks attendance dropped from 38,000 to 35,000 for week 2. And tell him that having directly conflicting Mizzou basketball and MLS soccer games is not an excuse.

This includes the fact is was in the teens temp wise and single digits windchill.

by rams1974
1 year 6 months ago
Veteran

St. Loser Fan wrote:BTW Kevin, make sure to show Stan that St. Louis can't support football because Battlehawks attendance dropped from 38,000 to 35,000 for week 2. And tell him that having directly conflicting Mizzou basketball and MLS soccer games is not an excuse.

This includes the fact is was in the teens temp wise and single digits windchill.

Are you kidding? There are so many reasons to not re-litigate all this, literally and figuratively. Every time I open my idiot mouth it costs the owners another $3m and Kroenke $30m! I'm lucky to even have a job after how poor of a job we did obfuscating our actual intentions - even as anyone with half a brain could have figured them out. Anyway, enjoy the XFL or whatever; 35,000 is pretty darn good!
Love, Kevin

• 2 / 5
42 posts Sep 18 2024