14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by ramsman34
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8668  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Speaking of the playoffs, it is looking more and more like we will play SF at home 2 weeks in a row. Are they really the Rams’ KRYPTONITE? Or can the Rams actually beat them? If we lose to them the last game at full strength, confidence will be minimal. Of ALL the post season scenarios, losing to SF and having them knock us out of the playoffs is by far the worst.

Winning the division and getting a home game is great. IF you actually take advantage of it and win/move on to the next round.

I can’t see getting the 2nd seed. I think we beat Baltimore which means worst we could do is 4th seed, I think??

If we draw SF, I personally think we have the hardest path to the SB.

So be it.

GO RAMS!

by PARAM
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Speaking of the playoffs, it is looking more and more like we will play SF at home 2 weeks in a row. Are they really the Rams’ KRYPTONITE? Or can the Rams actually beat them? If we lose to them the last game at full strength, confidence will be minimal. Of ALL the post season scenarios, losing to SF and having them knock us out of the playoffs is by far the worst.

Winning the division and getting a home game is great. IF you actually take advantage of it and win/move on to the next round.

I can’t see getting the 2nd seed. I think we beat Baltimore which means worst we could do is 4th seed, I think??

So be it.

GO RAMS!

To quote Lee Corso......"no so fast, my friend"....

Dallas can lose one of their final two games and if we take care of business, we're the #2 seed. You have no faith in Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray???? Or Nick Siriani and Jalen Hurts???? How about their defenses???? Admittedly, the odds aren't favorable both for us to win out and for Dallas to lose one but they aren't severely slanted. The Cardinals are playing to keep their division chances alive so we should see a good effort.

A few weeks ago, facing SF in the finale came up and it was said, perhaps exorcising that demon going into the postseason might be the best way. It seems to me the two teams in the entire NFL a large majority of Rams fans fear are SF and Green Bay (in GB) in that order. Maybe the staff or players don't think that way?

by aeneas1
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Speaking of the playoffs, it is looking more and more like we will play SF at home 2 weeks in a row. Are they really the Rams’ KRYPTONITE? Or can the Rams actually beat them? If we lose to them the last game at full strength, confidence will be minimal. Of ALL the post season scenarios, losing to SF and having them knock us out of the playoffs is by far the worst.

So be it.

GO RAMS!

yeah, i find the sfo thing pretty damn bizarre, pretty damn hard to wrap my head around, 5 straight losses to those mooks, but it's not just the losses, it's mcvay's inability to score points on them - in 4 of the 5 losses the rams offense scored just 7, 10, 13 and 16 points for a 11.5 per game average, i mean just let that sink in... even worse, one of those games, the embarrassing 10 offensive point effort, was with stafford under center, i mean this is some flat-out crazy shit!

the niners have played well defensively since facing the rams in week 10, they rank 9th in offensive points allowed with a 17.9 avg from week 10-16 (their last 7 games), a far cry from their 25th ranking for weeks 1-9, before they played the rams... in other words, the niners defense isn't looking like a pushover as the season wraps up.

all of that said, the rams lost a very meaningful game to the seahawks in week 16 last year - prior to the game the rams were given a 63% chance to win the division while the seahawks were given a 35% chance, after the game the seahawks were given a 65% chance and the rams a 36% chance - no matter tho, the rams beat the seahawks soundly two weeks later when they faced them in the first round of the playoffs, so there's that!

by PARAM
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, i find the sfo thing pretty damn bizarre, pretty damn hard to wrap my head around, 5 straight losses to those mooks, but it's not just the losses, it's mcvay's inability to score points on them - in 4 of the 5 losses the rams offense scored just 7, 10, 13 and 16 points for a 11.5 per game average, i mean just let that sink in... even worse, one of those games, the embarrassing 10 offensive point effort, was with stafford under center, i mean this is some flat-out crazy shit!

the niners have played well defensively since facing the rams in week 10, they rank 9th in offensive points allowed with a 17.9 avg from week 10-16 (their last 7 games), a far cry from their 25th ranking for weeks 1-9, before they played the rams... in other words, the niners defense isn't looking like a pushover as the season wraps up.

all of that said, the rams lost a very meaningful game to the seahawks in week 16 last year - prior to the game the rams were given a 63% chance to win the division while the seahawks were given a 35% chance, after the game the seahawks were given a 65% chance and the rams a 36% chance - no matter tho, the rams beat the seahawks soundly two weeks later when they faced them in the first round of the playoffs, so there's that!

Valid points all. But one question is.....have they played well defensively from a PPG allowed standpoint because their offensive run game has limited the number of possessions for opponents? In their last 3 losses (Arizona 31 pts, Seattle 28 pts, Tennessee 20 pts), they've gained a total of 193 (64 /game) on the ground and averaged a TOP of 26:48, while allowing an average of 26.3 PPG on defense. :idea2: Stop the SF run game** = score more points.

**I know..."Doh!!!"

• 2 / 2
14 posts Jun 17 2024