12 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Elvis
9 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   39531  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Technically the Rams are out of their deal with the CVC and the top tier requirement no longer applies.

But as Ripper and Hartman point out, it's a pretty terrible precedent to allow a city to renege on their original commitment with the idea that they'll keep the Rams for less than the original agreement...

by Hacksaw
9 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Technically the Rams are out of their deal with the CVC and the top tier requirement no longer applies.

But as Ripper and Hartman point out, it's a pretty terrible precedent to allow a city to renege on their original commitment with the idea that they'll keep the Rams for less than the original agreement...

I don't think anyone is worrying about being top 25 anymore. That clause has done it's good (or bad) depending on your point of view. Reneging on their deal is what will doom StL and it amazes me that the guys there downplay it. There whole last minute attempt to save themselves from themselves is fraught with chicanery. Breaking the deal was bad but their behavior since (and now public) only makes matter worse for them.
I'm not in the political sector but I must say, if this is all S.O.P. I'd be looking for a more honest profession.
Still their loss will be our (LA) gain.

• 2 / 2
12 posts Sep 16 2024