by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 0-percent/

Gurley, Fisher seem to disagree on whether he’s 100 percent

Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT

Rams rookie running back Todd Gurley has 314 yards in three games this year, with a whopping 305 coming in the last two. The total puts him at No. 16 in the NFL, even with plenty of guys already playing in twice as many games.

So is he 100 percent at this point?

“I’m fine right now,” Gurley told reporters during a conference call with media covering the Browns on Wednesday. “Played in three games so can’t really tell you anything else.”

Asked if there’s anything he can’t do now that he could do before tearing an ACL last November, Gurley provided the four-letter alternative to the more traditional two-word negative reply: “Nope.”

But Gurley’s head coach seems to disagree. Asked to apply a percentage to Gurley’s health on Tuesday, Fisher said, “I’m not going to go there, but he’s not 100 percent.”

Apparently, the proof that Gurley isn’t 100 percent comes in part from the fact that he’s still wearing a brace on the knee.

“He tore his ACL less than a year ago or right about a year ago,” Fisher said. “It would make sense to protect him, to protect his knee. That’s why he’s wearing it. The ACL, I mean you look around the league and look over different players, it takes more than just a year to come back. Todd’s a year out, that’s why I say he’s not 100 percent. He’s going to continue to get better.”

If he’s going to get better, he’s going to end up being pretty good. But don’t count on Gurley continuing the 30-carry performance he had against the Packers before the bye.

“Ideally, we’d like to have the one-two punch and over time, get Tre [Mason] a lot more touches,” Fisher said.

Regardless of where Gurley currently is, it’s clear that Fisher is expecting a lot more from the 10th overall pick in the draft, whom Fisher described on Wednesday (coincidentally or not) as our “back of the future.”

“Just wait until he’s 100 percent.” Fisher said.

The only bad news for folks in St. Louis is that, by the time it happens, Gurley will be based on L.A.

by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Love the last line.

After having Bradford get re-injured, they are probably very cautious with Gurley - glad to see that.

This is a good week for his first TD or two. :D

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

NBC likes LA.

Hoping Gurley is closer to the truth than Fish. Glad they are being semi cautious, (30 + carries a game WTF?) but this kid is special so don't break him!!!

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I agree with Fisher. Gurley is very good now, but he'll be even better next season when he's completely recover from his injury. He's going to put on a show for the LA Rams and all of their long time and more recent fans.

by ramsman34
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

The 1-2 punch will come in the form of Trey Watts, and he is a serious change-up - comparatively. If he is ready, he will shock Cleveland with his quickness and speed. I can see 6-8 touches for him with Benny getting another 8-10, and Gurley getting 20-25. So, 34-43 rushing attempts Sunday with 20-25 pass attempts. Just a guess.

• 1 / 1
6 posts Jun 28 2024