25 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The game will replayed on The NFL Network Monday Aug. 31st at 10am PT.

You can watch it live with GamePass which is $100. Or you can sign up for the 7 day free trial right before Saturday's game and catch the last 2 preseason games within your free week. But i'm guessing cancelling is a pain...

And of course it will be live on local TV in St. Louis and Indianapolis...

by Hacksaw
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Thanks for this Elvis. The only bummer about the NFLN replay is I cant log in here until Tuesday because I work Monday and I hate watching games I know the score of. Oh the humanity lol
if the score is a loser I might not watch at all.

I might just try the subscribe and cancel thing. You'd think they are hip to that one.

by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... inst-colts

Rams starters likely to play more against Colts

Nick Wagoner, ESPN Staff Writer

The St. Louis Rams host the Indianapolis Colts in their third preseason game Saturday at 8 p.m. ET at the Edward Jones Dome. Here's a couple of things to watch for during the game:

Why watch: Of all the preseason games to watch, the third one is generally the closest approximation of a regular season contest. Although the Rams didn't game plan much for the Colts, coach Jeff Fisher acknowledged that they did at least take a look at some tape during the week. The starters didn't play into the second quarter in either of the first two preseason contests but could go all the way to halftime in this one, offering a closer look at the personnel they plan to use when the season starts on Sept. 13.

Did you know?: Andrew Luck has proved to be the franchise savior many expected he'd be when he arrived in Indianapolis in 2012. But what many don't remember is that were it not for a botched snap on a field goal in Cleveland in the 2011 season, the Rams would have had the first pick in that draft. The Browns fumbled the snap on a potential game-winning field goal, handing the Rams the victory. That win left the Rams with the second pick, which they traded to Washington. Whether the Rams would have kept the first pick and drafted Luck or traded it away is something we'll never truly know but chances are strong that Luck wouldn't be a Colt were it not for the botched snap.

by moklerman
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:It's a 7 day free preview. You're entitled...
I've got the page queued up right now, myself but am worried about what kind of hassle it is to cancel. Watching games on replay is never the same so I'd prefer to watch it live but if, as someone already mentioned, the "7 days" is measured by their calendar and not by when you sign up, I'll pass and avoid the charge that they're trying to trick everyone into.

by AltiTude Ram
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2200  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

moklerman wrote:
Elvis wrote:It's a 7 day free preview. You're entitled...
I've got the page queued up right now, myself but am worried about what kind of hassle it is to cancel. Watching games on replay is never the same so I'd prefer to watch it live but if, as someone already mentioned, the "7 days" is measured by their calendar and not by when you sign up, I'll pass and avoid the charge that they're trying to trick everyone into.

This is from Aeneas1

Aeneas1 wrote:no prob...

first, are you familiar with or have you ever used a vpn (virtual private networks) program? it's a simple downloadable program, or even a browser add-on, that allows you to trick the websites you visit into believing you (and your computer/device) are located in a different state or country.

second, just to be clear, you will be paying the nfl for this nfl service, there is no stealing or pirating going on here, technically. what the process allows you to do is pay the nfl for, and receive, the international version of the sunday ticket, called game pass, which the nfl makes available to certain countries outside of the u.s., countries in which the nfl doesn't have an exclusive rights deal with directv.

1. go to nfl game pass, just type gamepass.nfl.com into your browser's address bar - when there you will notice that you're only given two options: "go to audio pass" and "go to game rewind". you will not be given an option to subscribe to game pass because the game pass server recognizes that you're in the united states, where game pass is not available.

2. download and install a free vpn (virtual private network) program - this will allow you to change your geographical location in terms of what the websites you visit see, servers such as nfl game pass. i recommend tunnel bear. once downloaded, select the free option during installation.

3. once it's installed, launch it and select united kingdom from the drop down list. watch the tunnelbear control panel after you make your selection as it will show you that the connection is in progress and notify you when the connection is made, it'll take a few secs to connect.

4. once the connection is made open another browser tab and go to nfl game pass again by once again typing in gamepass.nfl.com into your browser's address bar... you should now see various subscription options. if you can get that far on your own you're golden, and we can go from there, we can then go over a couple of quick tricks to make your vpn / game pass navigation and viewing experience faster, smoother and more enjoyable...

I tried it and got in as a UK IP address. The games are live. They sent me an Email to cancel and I did after my free trial, quick and easy phone call. I just got Direct TV free this year but this is my backup plan for next year. By the way Tunnel Bear is $6.95 a month. I tried the free version but used my limit within the first or second game so I upgraded and paid for the monthly fee. I have yet to cancel that but will try and let you know how that goes.

by OldSchool
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I'll likely just find a stream on the PC and watch it there. I'll record a replay and rewatch that to look at things like the OL closer.

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I'll put the chat window up but i'm not sure how many will be watching live...

I could never get into a live chat while watching a game. It's too distracting. I hook up my headphones to my tv, drink alcohol and zone out.

by OldSchool
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

BuiltRamTough wrote:
Elvis wrote:I'll put the chat window up but i'm not sure how many will be watching live...

I could never get into a live chat while watching a game. It's too distracting. I hook up my headphones to my tv, drink alcohol and zone out.

I'm fine as long as there aren't a bunch of negative nancy debby downer types in the chat. Though I'll admit I can tune it out upon occasions.

• 1 / 3
25 posts Jun 28 2024