48 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by Elvis
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38903  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The thing is when the Rams were in St. Louis, the St. Louis Rams fans and L.A. Rams fans were brothers. And we still are. Plenty in St. Louis will stay with the Rams. They weren't dicks to us when the Rams were in St. Louis and we won't be dicks to them now.

Still, can't help smirking at the new Titans fans...

http://www.scout.com/nfl/titans/story/1 ... uis-titans

There are a new group of Titans fans, and their origins might surprise you.

Greg Arias
8:24 AM

The Tennessee Titans have some new fans that will be supporting the team this season, and they're coming from an interesting place.

When the Tennessee Titans open the 2016 season they will do so with a brand new group of fans, from an unlikely place in a city some three-hundred miles away.

The Titans and the team formerly known as the St. Louis Rams have a history that includes sharing the same long-time head coach and one of the greatest finishes in Super Bowl history, so when the Rams and the city of St. Louis could not agree on funding for a new stadium to replace the Edward Jones Dome, the Rams ownership decided that it was time to return their team to Lo. Angeles, the city the franchise called home before moving to St. Louis in 1995.

That move left fans in St. Louis in a tough position. Continue cheering for a team they love with an owner they detest, or move their allegiance to another team.

Some chose the former while others chose the latter in deciding that their loyalty to the Rams franchise would not continue once the loyalty of the team to their fans and the city of St. Louis moves to Southern California.

The move of the Rams has now become a bonus for the Titans, as some of those disgruntled fans have chosen the Titans, a team their Rams defeated when Titans receiver Kevin Dyson came up "one yard short" on the final play of Super Bowl XXXIV. It's a strange marriage of these fans to the Titans to be sure, but one that can easily be understood in light of the Rams actions.

Last week I became the target- and appreciatively so- of some of these new Titans fans as my Twitter following grew by 77 people in a matter of one day thanks to my friend and Scout.com colleague, Nate Latsch who ran the Rams site in St. Louis, but was displaced- he now covers the University of Missouri for Scout- by the Rams move.

The fans, who include a new St. Louis Titans Blog were directed to my account and immediately began showing me support along with their new team. It was a flurry of activity that had me busy responding to comments and thanking those who took the time to join us here at TitanRedZone.

I'm one who believes in interacting with readers here and followers on social media. It's just good business and the right thing to do in a business where the fans and followers are the driving force of our site and without them, our work would go unread and we would be out of a job shortly.

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   10599  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:When the dust settle i have to figure a lot of St. Louisans will stick with the Rams and a lot won't. A lot like how it went down here in '94...

The wound is still open and hurts like a bitch.

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Again it really is about proximity for them.

It's also a question of ease of being a fan and attending games.

-The Chicago Bears are a single team for the 3rd largest metro area in the US but have one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. Even a late season bad game with bad weather means spending $200+ for a single ticket. Plus the tailgating options at Soldier Field are limited.
-St. Louis hates Kansas City and Kansas City hates St. Louis. It's like asking a LA Rams fan to become a 49ers fan.
-The Indianapolis Colts bandwagon is full already. Plus the city is boring.

We'll see what teams Fox and CBS try to force on us in St. Louis this fall.

by Neil039
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I'm only worried about Ram fans. There is so much negativity this past year, they can move on while new or old fans reconnect with the team.

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

RamHard wrote:Typical StL sports fan responses

Their beloved Cards are now 9 games back of the Cubs :lol: so they can't wait to jump on another wagon.

Go Rams!!!

We're talking about football. But please, go on and tell me more about the scores of St. Louis Cardinals fans abandoning the team.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

by snackdaddy
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9712  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

There are a lot of good st louis fans. Some handled the move with class and dignity. Goose Ganders, African Ram, those guys were nothing but civil during all of this. I wish them well and hope they can remain Rams fans. If not, I hope their new teams don't disappoint them.

Then, there are some knuckleheads posting bitterness and hate at the PD. I hope those guys suffer disappointment the rest of their football lives. The PD has idiots with some creating multiple usernames to make it look like more are on their side. PD doesn't moderate that board.

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:

-The Chicago Bears are a single team for the 3rd largest metro area in the US but have one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. Even a late season bad game with bad weather means spending $200+ for a single ticket. Plus the tailgating options at Soldier Field are limited.
-St. Louis hates Kansas City and Kansas City hates St. Louis. It's like asking a LA Rams fan to become a 49ers fan.

I get the KC thing totally though and that close proximity allows one to attend more easily.
So I sit a bit corrected then, it's more than simply proximity. It's the choice of the team in the closest proximity that doesn't have something undesirable about it. So other than proximity, what do the Titans have that is desirable?

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:
St. Loser Fan wrote:

I get the KC thing totally though and that close proximity allows one to attend more easily.
So I sit a bit corrected then, it's more than simply proximity. It's the choice of the team in the closest proximity that doesn't have something undesirable about it. So other than proximity, what do the Titans have that is desirable?

I can't speak for them. Check out their Twitter account or ask them.

All I know is I'm going to try to keep rooting for the Rams #1 and whoever is playing the Patriots #2.

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I think most of the so called Rams fans from STL that immediately dropped the team were only fans of the Rams because they played in STL. There's one woman on twitter that said that (I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way), but now she's a Titans fan. Lol. I have a feeling her and other new Titan fans won't remain fans long term.

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:I think most of the so called Rams fans from STL that immediately dropped the team were only fans of the Rams because they played in STL.

There's also a lot of anger as the whole thing went down real shittily. But I also don't discount bandwagoners or fans of the city team.

• 3 / 5
48 posts Jun 26 2024