41 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by Snow Man
8 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   232  
Zimbabwe   At the computer
Rookie

"But beyond that it was more of a mutual thing, not that we said Don't Come"...

by Hacksaw
8 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Sounds like "getting things sorted" out means 'until we can find a team to take him' . Nicks done here.

by moklerman
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Sounds like "getting things sorted" out means 'until we can find a team to take him' . Nicks done here.
Which is a shame. The Rams would be in a lot better shape if they had Foles(healthy) as the backup and Mannion as the developmental guy. Then, Mannion could be the backup in '17 and we'd have a great, young, one-two punch at QB for a change.

As much as I'm not a Foles fan as a full time starter, I think getting just the average production out of him would be far better than Keenum. Keenum's moxy and heart don't make up for his college arm. The playbook and field shrink when he comes into the game and it'll hurt the team if Goff goes down. Plus, if it was Foles to come in for a game or few and produce a little, we might actually get something for him at some point.

by Hacksaw
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

moklerman wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:Sounds like "getting things sorted" out means 'until we can find a team to take him' . Nicks done here.
Which is a shame. The Rams would be in a lot better shape if they had Foles(healthy) as the backup and Mannion as the developmental guy. Then, Mannion could be the backup in '17 and we'd have a great, young, one-two punch at QB for a change.

As much as I'm not a Foles fan as a full time starter, I think getting just the average production out of him would be far better than Keenum. Keenum's moxy and heart don't make up for his college arm. The playbook and field shrink when he comes into the game and it'll hurt the team if Goff goes down. Plus, if it was Foles to come in for a game or few and produce a little, we might actually get something for him at some point.

I was big on Foles until he disappeared but I still agree that he would make a good bench player with his gun. Not sure he can read a D any better than Keenum and CK seems to have good chemistry with the players. I guess we'll see what shakes out but my guess is they will try to save the dough by jettisoning Foles and put Mannion in that developmental role behind CK sooner than later,, if not by game one.

I reserve the right to change that last comment until after I actually see JG play. lol

by TomSlick
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:
moklerman wrote:

I was big on Foles until he disappeared but I still agree that he would make a good bench player with his gun. Not sure he can read a D any better than Keenum and CK seems to have good chemistry with the players. I guess we'll see what shakes out but my guess is they will try to save the dough by jettisoning Foles and put Mannion in that developmental role behind CK sooner than later,, if not by game one.

I reserve the right to change that last comment until after I actually see JG play. lol

I remember last year's training camp reports stating that Foles had great chemistry with his teammates. His teammates like the way he came in and took control of the huddle, etc. One got the impression Foles was a better leader than Sammy. From the outside, it is impossible to know what really goes on inside the RAMS or any other team for that matter.

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10606  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:The news is always positive this time of year. That's just a given. The proof will always be in the pudding...

A QB sitting out is a positive?

• 4 / 5
41 posts Jul 01 2024