137 posts
  • 14 / 14
 by actionjack
6 hours 23 minutes ago
 Total posts:   4360  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:He performed on the Rams too.

All I’m really saying here is there’s more than one way to look at this…

I guess that is my question, we still dont know why the Rams made the move, whereas I could see why the Titans would move on. Also see why Seattle would pick him up as a rental. I wish JB would have asked Snead on the "coaches show", but that isnt realistic. They are lucky that the Kupp thing was blowing up at that time.

by AltiTude Ram
5 hours 45 minutes ago
 Total posts:   2312  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:Well I think they are sellers with their season in the tubes. It wasnt from a lack of performance as he was second on the titans in tackles with 44 (leader Keith Murray Jr had 46).

Not sure why either team traded him but statistics don't tell the whole story.

How many of his team leading tackles have been late? Does he make a difference or is he expendable for a future pick? The jury is still out....

I still believe the Rams didn’t want to trade him within the Division. They might've settled for 1 round less but didn't want to help the enemy. 8-)

by actionjack
5 hours 38 minutes ago
 Total posts:   4360  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

AltiTude Ram wrote:Not sure why either team traded him but statistics don't tell the whole story.

How many of his team leading tackles have been late? Does he make a difference or is he expendable for a future pick? The jury is still out....

I still believe the Rams didn’t want to trade him within the Division. They might've settled for 1 round less but didn't want to help the enemy. 8-)

Sure stats dont show everything, but I really dont think it was his play in Tenn. They are 1-5 with no QB, so IMO pretty clear they were sellers with EJ in the last year of his contract. And yes the Rams werent going to trade EJ to Seattle. It maybe simply that the Rams tried to somehow do right for EJ, but EJ is clearly better than Reeder/Rozeboom. They are who we thought they were.

by Joe Pendleton
4 hours 35 minutes ago
 Total posts:   1969  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

i completely agree, EJ smashing up the run lanes would've been a couple more wins for us (jus sayin' what were all thinking) :lol2:

by ramsman34
4 hours 52 seconds ago
 Total posts:   9236  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Speights will make everyone forget Jones. It’s just a matter of time. If he gets snaps tomorrow I can’t wait to watch him light up Aaron Jones.

by Elvis
3 hours 55 minutes ago
 Total posts:   39725  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

actionjack wrote:Sure stats dont show everything, but I really dont think it was his play in Tenn. They are 1-5 with no QB, so IMO pretty clear they were sellers with EJ in the last year of his contract. And yes the Rams werent going to trade EJ to Seattle. It maybe simply that the Rams tried to somehow do right for EJ, but EJ is clearly better than Reeder/Rozeboom. They are who we thought they were.

Yeah they're sellers but they're young with a new coach. They're building. Why isn't Jones part of their future, why not extend him?

That's all i'm saying, more than one way of looking at this...

• 14 / 14
137 posts Oct 23 2024