40 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by snackdaddy
5 days 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   9828  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:To quote Dandy Don, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Does anyone know when all those guys are back?

Can any of them play defense - specifically LB or DB?

That's just it. None of the guys returning soon play defense. Like I said, while there is hope for the offense ,the calvary is not coming for the defense. What we see is what we have.

by Elvis
4 days 7 hours ago
 Total posts:   39649  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:The defense is by far the worst in the league.

Carolina would like a word. Rams defense is definitely bad, as AZ said, worst one McVay has had by far but Panthers giving up over 33 offensive points per game.

4 of the Rams 5 games really could've gone either way, could be 0-5, 4-1, or anything in between.

Like you said, you are what your record says you are. The Rams are bad. But they've been here before and turned it around.

They need to start winning games. Do they have it in them? We'll see...

by ramsman34
4 days 7 hours ago
 Total posts:   9188  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Indeed, and my initial post was all about the record and the eyeball test when it comes to making the needed plays when they need to be made. The Rams have failed in both depts. however, the Panthers and Browns are clearly worse. You could argue The Pats and Titans are too as they don’t have what we have at QB. The Bengals and Jags are like the Rams in a sense - they have the players and should be winning.

I am very curious to see what the Rams have done over the bye. Did they make significant changes to personnel and scheme? Or, did they work on simply getting better at what they have been doing. I think the answer will be rather obvious next week. And, it might be a hybrid of the two possibilities.

by azramsfan93
4 days 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   1528  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I normally don't like power rankings - and I still don't - but having the Rams around 25-27 in the NFL seems correct based upon their performance to date. Hopefully we can start on a roll after the bye.

I read somewhere - on this site or somewhere else - that the Rams have BY FAR the lowest salary spend on defense of any team in the league. You get what you pay for.

ramsman34 wrote:Indeed, and my initial post was all about the record and the eyeball test when it comes to making the needed plays when they need to be made. The Rams have failed in both depts. however, the Panthers and Browns are clearly worse. You could argue The Pats and Titans are too as they don’t have what we have at QB. The Bengals and Jags are like the Rams in a sense - they have the players and should be winning.

I am very curious to see what the Rams have done over the bye. Did they make significant changes to personnel and scheme? Or, did they work on simply getting better at what they have been doing. I think the answer will be rather obvious next week. And, it might be a hybrid of the two possibilities.

by BobCarl
1 day 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   4371  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:

A team who lost to Detroit week 1 in a tough game. My guess is they would be 3-2 now. Maybe 4-1. But they would have a MUCH better shot at a winning record, winning the west and making the playoffs.

So if the Rams were actually 3-2 or 4-1, solely because of the above mentioned players, does that change how would most people be rating the success of the Defense?

by ramsman34
1 day 6 hours ago

BobCarl wrote:So if the Rams were actually 3-2 or 4-1, solely because of the above mentioned players, does that change how would most people be rating the success of the Defense?

I guess that would depend on how well the defense played and how the wins were forged?? As soon as this team starts making more “winning plays” - critical plays at critical moments in games, they will start winning games. Oversimplified but that’s basically the reason for the 1-4 start. Being capable of making the plays is half the battle. I think this team has that. Actually making the plays is the other half. That’s what they keep telling us they are working on doing.

by BobCarl
10 hours 4 minutes ago
 Total posts:   4371  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:I guess that would depend on how well the defense played and how the wins were forged??

This upcoming game, the Rams defense faces a team without a bonified starting QB, without a bonified RB, and possibly without bonified #1 & #2 WR's.

What if the Rams hold them to 9-10 points? ... will it then be said that the Rams defense played well?

by Haden
9 hours 32 minutes ago
 Total posts:   2166  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
Pro Bowl

On the other hand, if the Rams lose to the Raiders you can write this season off.

by ramsman34
6 hours 57 minutes ago

BobCarl wrote:This upcoming game, the Rams defense faces a team without a bonified starting QB, without a bonified RB, and possibly without bonified #1 & #2 WR's.

What if the Rams hold them to 9-10 points? ... will it then be said that the Rams defense played well?

I don’t care who’s missing. You hold an NFL offense to 10 or less, you’re doing something right and probably played really well.

by ramsman34
6 hours 55 minutes ago

Haden wrote:On the other hand, if the Rams lose to the Raiders you can write this season off.

Probably. However/whenever they get to 8 - maybe 9 losses, that’s when it’s seriously over. A lot depends on the rest of the west.

• 4 / 4
40 posts Oct 15 2024