81 posts
  • 9 / 9
 by Dare
21 hours 23 minutes ago
 Total posts:   240  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

Goff has proven Campbell wrong which is no surprise. When Campbell decided to scheme to Goff's strengths something McVay refused to do he struggled. But like most good players if you play to their strengths they will deliver.

Campbell is a prima donna which is bad long term for a HC. It's why he makes stupid gambles. Good coaches let the game come to them and they adjust accordingly. When McVay presses he normally sucks. When he plays to his team's strength they shine. That was very clear in Super Bowl LVI. When the chips were down he leaned on Kupp, without getting cute. He was I'm gonna go to put the game in the hands of my best players to win and he did. It's why he muttered that famous utterance "Donald is going to make a play". They were putting the game in the hands of their playmakers, Stafford, Kupp and Donald.

So it could easily be said of Campbell, "he's going to have to call plays better". Goes two ways coach. His playcalling flat out cost games early on. Campbell is an idiot who lucked out in having a GM who knows how to build a team. Like Goff, Campbell had to grow into his position and Holmes gave him time to do so. Campbell gave Goff time and began to structure the offense to fit his strengths. Now they are both winners.

This is a good example of what the Rams would need to do if they draft a QB1. Give him a season to acclimate and learn how McVay wants to run the offense and be mentored by Stafford. I think if Stafford plays next year it will be his last.

It's very clear that the Rams need a QB that is a pocket passer, who can run if needed be. That means a younger guy. Matt is already auditioning for his broadcast career. IMO it's not a given he will play next year.

• 9 / 9
81 posts Oct 15 2024