8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsww
3 days 10 hours ago
 Total posts:   525  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I understood IR rules to allow each team 8 max per year or at least at one time. Rams now have 9 NOT including Kupp and JJ who will both be out extended time. What are the facts? This has officially surpassed the 2022 debacle. Rams were previously one of the best conditioned teams. Not the most physical but great at avoiding long term injuries. What gives?

Injuries suffered since Week 1

WR Cooper Kupp (ankle): Kupp is likely headed to IR after spraining his ankle in Week 2.

S John Johnson III (shoulder): Johnson suffered a hairline fracture in his scapula and will miss 4-6 weeks.

LG Jonah Jackson (shoulder): Jackson suffered the same injury to his scapula that he had in the summer and will likely go on IR.

WR Puka Nacua (knee): Nacua also aggravated an injury from training camp, suffering a PCL sprain that landed him on IR.

OL Steve Avila (knee): Avila was placed on IR after spraining his MCL in the season opener.

OL Joe Noteboom (ankle): Noteboom injured his ankle in Week 1 and was placed on IR with Nacua and Avila.

TE Davis Allen (back): Allen was ruled out for Week 2 after injuring his back. It’s unclear if he’ll miss more time.

K Joshua Karty (groin): McVay said Karty is dealing with a groin injury but he’s expected to be OK, fortunately.

Injuries suffered before Week 1

CB Darious Williams (hamstring): Williams was expected to return from his hamstring injury for Week 1 but he suffered a setback and was placed on IR.

DL Larrell Murchison (arm): Murchison injured his arm in the preseason and has been on IR since, but he was one of two players designated to return.

OL KT Leveston (ankle): Leveston landed on IR before the start of the season but he’s also someone who was designated to return.

CB Tre Tomlinson (undisclosed): Tomlinson was placed on IR with an undisclosed injury before final cuts and he will not return this season.

CB Derion Kendrick (ACL): Kendrick tore his ACL in the first practice of camp and has been ruled out for the season.

OL Conor McDermott (undisclosed): McDermott was placed on injured reserve just before Week and will miss at least the first four games of the season.

TE Tyler Higbee (ACL/MCL): Higbee tore his ACL and MCL in last year’s playoff game and has been on the PUP list with no timeline to return.

by ramsww
3 days 10 hours ago
Veteran

As for 49ers they will officially be without McCaff and Samual now due to calf injury. At least 2 of their biggest weapons are out with our Oline coming back but JJackson is now injured. What a year.

by Joe Pendleton
3 days 9 hours ago
 Total posts:   1931  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Great post @ramsww .. that took some work! It’s all becoming a bit surreal for me (I had such high hopes).. now it’s just 😒. We had this saying in the Fire Department “train as you fight.. fight as you train” the Rams need to get back to “fighting” in training camp AND pre-season! Anyone with half a brain should have seen this train wreck loooong ago, so lame.. (imho)

by ramsww
3 days 8 hours ago
Veteran

Joe Pendleton wrote:Great post @ramsww .. that took some work! It’s all becoming a bit surreal for me (I had such high hopes).. now it’s just 😒. We had this saying in the Fire Department “train as you fight.. fight as you train” the Rams need to get back to “fighting” in training camp AND pre-season! Anyone with half a brain should have seen this train wreck loooong ago, so lame.. (imho)

I was OK with the Preseason holdouts even though I questioned it the last two years. Still, it does seem our guys have been going down fast 3 years straight when they finally hit action. I feel it's more mental than physical. Kupp was looking like a kid out there the last 2 weeks with his toe tap and TD against the Lions. It was a weird injury but that's where the awareness comes to get down or get out of the way. These lower leg injuries are happening too often to be about physical training. Puka just gives it his all and it'll shorten his career.

by ramsww
1 day 21 hours ago
Veteran

I think I found my answer. I see Kupp will not go on IR as we have 8 now, so……. it seems we’ll need to cut players loose when we need to put more players on IR. I would expect JJ may fall into this category if things get worse. Let’s hope not. 49ers have another gem, unsigned RB in place of McCaffrey but with Debo out too let’s see if this D can take a gut check and win a game!

by Elvis
1 day 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   39548  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We've been talking about it here for a while now:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16787&p=292393#p292393

They can put as many players on IR as they want but can only bring 8 back, 10 if you count the playoffs...

by ramsww
1 day 17 hours ago
Veteran

Elvis wrote:We've been talking about it here for a while now:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16787&p=292393#p292393

They can put as many players on IR as they want but can only bring 8 back, 10 if you count the playoffs...

Makes sense but we will be in for some tough decisions if not a total rebuild.

by ramsww
6 hours 34 minutes ago
Veteran

ramsww wrote:Makes sense but we will be in for some tough decisions if not a total rebuild.

I see now in addition to Debo & McCaffrey the Niners held out TE Kittle, DE Bosa and their starting CB from practice. LA may be able to take some shots if we actually get a couple tackles back who can block. Is AJ healthy? I know he's coming off being banned for 2 games. Does our young D know the intensity level they need to reach this week? Let's turn 'em loose and blitz the crap outa them!

• 1 / 1
8 posts Sep 20 2024