147 posts
  • 15 / 15
 by ramsman34
1 day 1 hour ago
 Total posts:   9047  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

But, I believe they can only use a total of 8 designations to return with an additional 2 if they make the post season. So, if they have 8 guys on IR and think they will designate all of them to return, they can’t put another in IR if they want to use the same designation. Some of the guys on IR now, as 69 eluded to, might not be able to come back in 4 weeks + 21 days. So at some point, if the Rams figure that will be the case, that/those particular players would not have that designation activated. So basically, after 4 weeks with each IR’d player, they Rams have to forecast if they will be able to be activated in those next 3 weeks. Otherwise, it will be a season-ending designation.

It’s convoluted and hard to forecast early in the rehab process who will be able to actually play at 7 weeks after injury.

by Elvis
23 hours 30 minutes ago
 Total posts:   39544  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Exactly. If they have 8 guys on IR now that they want to bring back, they can't add anyone else or somebody isn't gonna make it back that otherwise might have.

So Kupp might be a shorter term injury or maybe they'd rather eat a spot on the 53 instead of burning someone on IR, for now anyway...

by ramsman34
2 hours 46 minutes ago

Actually Ian, it was not a high ankle. I believe they called it a lateral sprain.

by ramsman34
1 hour 29 minutes ago

So Leviston and Murchison have already been designated to return. That leaves 6 designation for the 7 remaining guys - assuming Kupp stays on the roster and not IR, which sounds likely. I would say Conner McDermott is the odd man out and will be left on IR or released with an injury settlement. The Rams Wire article below lays it out well.

This will depend of course on if there are any major injuries between now and the bye. 🤞

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... ce=twitter

by 69RamFan
25 minutes 29 seconds ago
 Total posts:   3309  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:But, I believe they can only use a total of 8 designations to return with an additional 2 if they make the post season. So, if they have 8 guys on IR and think they will designate all of them to return, they can’t put another in IR if they want to use the same designation. Some of the guys on IR now, as 69 eluded to, might not be able to come back in 4 weeks + 21 days. So at some point, if the Rams figure that will be the case, that/those particular players would not have that designation activated. So basically, after 4 weeks with each IR’d player, they Rams have to forecast if they will be able to be activated in those next 3 weeks. Otherwise, it will be a season-ending designation.

It’s convoluted and hard to forecast early in the rehab process who will be able to actually play at 7 weeks after injury.

I believe those who are designated to return, it doesn't have to be exactly 4 games to return, they can take longer than 4 games, the earliest is after 4 games, then add 21 days.

by 69RamFan
24 minutes 52 seconds ago
 Total posts:   3309  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:So Leviston and Murchison have already been designated to return. That leaves 6 designation for the 7 remaining guys - assuming Kupp stays on the roster and not IR, which sounds likely. I would say Conner McDermott is the odd man out and will be left on IR or released with an injury settlement. The Rams Wire article below lays it out well.

This will depend of course on if there are any major injuries between now and the bye. 🤞

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... ce=twitter

Connor McDermott was already designated season ending IR.

• 15 / 15
147 posts Sep 19 2024