13 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Dare
14 hours 40 minutes ago
 Total posts:   221  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

WOW 2 games and people are panicking? Geez, they wrote the team off last year when they went into the bye week. They laughed at me when I said they could sweep after the bye week and make the playoffs. It doesn't matter how you get into the playoffs as long as you do and play your best football in those games.

Do I have to remind people that the Rams were 12-5 in the regular season when they won the Super Bowl? This team has had a massive number of injuries. But as they get people back and get the young guys experienced their play will improve. They lost last week because the defense wasn't disciplined. DBs got impatient and dropped coverage.

The defense will improve. The offense is working with a whole new lineup of players and it will take time for them to come together. Most importantly they have their starting OTs back. Their play will hinge on how well the IOL plays. The offense is down both #1 & 2 WRs but Robinson, Johnson and Atwell aren't scrubs. All have shown they can make plays.

McVay's issue has always been improvising on the fly during games. To be fair most HC are no different. But he needs to have contingency plans going in with a dinged up team. Shula needs to bear down on his guys and they must be more disciplined in their play. The pass rush is improved but the secondary has been MIA. With JJ out at safety they will need to play Lake as a safety not as a nickel. They have Woods who has the talent to be a very good nickel CB. IMO Shula is still shuffling cards to find the right mix which is understandable. With Witherspoon he has a proven outside CB so if Durant is questionable he can play in reserve.

I think the Bobby Brown experiment needs to end. Davis and Gallimore bring more to the table. But more than anything Shula needs to teach his guys how to tackle. Too many lunges and arm tackles, it comes down to a lack of body control, i.e. technique.

The season is far from over but improvement needs to start this week.

Remember if the Seahawks lose to Buffalo which they might, and the Rams win they are only one game down.

by Joe Pendleton
13 hours 10 minutes ago
 Total posts:   1931  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Man, I wish I could be as optimistic.. what still has me vexed was the sheer lack of effort, no excuses! I’d rather watch College Players (who don’t “take plays off”).. I’m still pissed lol

by rams74
11 hours 5 minutes ago
 Total posts:   1526  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dare wrote:The offense is down both #1 & 2 WRs but Robinson, Johnson and Atwell aren't scrubs. All have shown they can make plays.

Robinson, Johnson, and Atwell have all shown they can make plays while the defense has to focus on Kupp or Nacua or both.

But as the top 3, they haven't yet shown a thing.

With all due respect to those guys, I think that places them squarely in the "scrubs" category until they prove otherwise.

I hope they do exactly that. But I'll believe it against the Niners when I see it.

• 2 / 2
13 posts Sep 19 2024