13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by ramsman34
2 days 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   9041  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

LT:
A Jax - Average to slightly above average starter
Arcuri - stiff
McClendon - back up only on the right side
Noteboom - if that dude wasn’t made of balsa wood. (Comment applies to ell other positions he backs up)

LG:
J Jackson - Average to slightly above average. Not strong, not very athletic. Wins with technique.
Avila - Great last year.
Bruss?? - total unknown. I loved what I saw in camp. That doesn’t mean shit, however.

C:
Avila - don’t even make it to starting game #1
J Jackson - might actually be his best position if protected by badass OGs
Limmer - rookie. Sometimes it shows. Sometimes he plays well. Jury is out on this. Not enough data.

RG
Dotson - dominant when healthy. Our best OL. The irony.
Bruss - see above

RT
Havs - coming off high ankle. At times looked off, others looked effortless in his ability to mirror and redirect. Still, lacking blow back power I the run game (ankle).
McClendon - serviceable. NOT a starter. NOT the future.

KT Leviston - I hope this dud brings something to the table.

The New Guys - ?????

Depending on how Limmer grades out and me watching the game again my thoughts on next week.

A Jax - J Jax - Limmer - Dotson - Havs
Or, if Limmer is an issue.
A Jax - Bruss - J Jax - Dotson - Havs

Queue Safer and his OL expertise please.

Oh ya, by week 9: Rams either 2-6 or 3-5

A Jax - Avila - J Jax - K Dot - Havs.

Then maybe we start to roll and “peak” at the right time.

Man our team sucks right now. lol.

by Joe Pendleton
2 days 13 hours ago
 Total posts:   1929  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

man, i wish you luck Mod.. i couldn't stomach watching that film again lol

by ramsman34
2 days 6 hours ago

by 69RamFan
2 days 4 hours ago
 Total posts:   3307  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

This would be my starting five against 9ers, as long as there is no sign of an injury report.

LT/Nsekhe, LG/AJ, C/JJ, RG/Dotson, RT/Hav

This group would have enough beef to open up some massive holes to support the run game.

And I feel this would be the best pass protection for Stafford.

by safer
2 days 4 hours ago
 Total posts:   1309  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

ramsman! I am higher on AJ than most. He does need to get stronger, he is still young and a better pass protector than Big Rob when facing elite rushers. I'd like to see us move up high in the draft to get a stud LT and move AJ to RT IF he would sign for a solid RT's salary. The middle of our line is very good at pass pro, but don't get as much push as I thought they would in our run game. That should improve in time. As for Bruss, next year at camp, if he's still elevating his game, I'd look to trade JJ in a salary dump move.
About 90% of our pass pro breakdowns were at the OT spots.
McVay just does NOT do enough play action, roll out, passing!!!! When outside rushers have to at least think about their outside contain responsibilities, they cannot just attack to "point A "(as in "one" spot) where they know our QB will be. That's what we adjusted to in the Lions game and we dominated when we were doing that.

by RAMMAN76
1 day 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   618  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

PFF’s grading has clearly been harsher on the Rams than ESPN’s pass-blocking win rate metric, but the point still stands: LA has been horrendous at protecting its quarterback.

Another chart using PFF’s pass-blocking grades on true pass sets (excluding play-action, screens and quick passes) shows the Rams are by far the worst in the league with a score of 39. The next-closest team is the Dolphins at 47, while the Colts are No. 1 with a grade of 80.

The good news is that Alaric Jackson will return from his suspension this week, taking over at left tackle for Warren McClendon Jr. That was by far the Rams’ weakest spot in the first two weeks so hopefully Jackson’s return will help.

On the flip side, Jonah Jackson will miss at least four games with a shoulder injury so the Rams’ guard play could take a hit.

:roll2:

by Haden
1 day 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   2165  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Guess he has gotten too old

by actionjack
1 day 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

More then anything we need some continuity.

Looks like

AJ, Bruss, Limmer, Dotson, Havs

IMO Limmer has done fine for a rookie 6th rounder, obviously wasnt supposed to start. We definitely need to add a LT next year (and more OL depth), like safer said move AJ to RT.

Hopefully those dudes can compete, likely to be our o-line for awhile (hopefully) no more injuries. Need to start by playing physical against the niners.

by ramsman34
1 day 55 minutes ago

actionjack wrote:More then anything we need some continuity.

Looks like

AJ, Bruss, Limmer, Dotson, Havs

IMO Limmer has done fine for a rookie 6th rounder, obviously wasnt supposed to start. We definitely need to add a LT next year (and more OL depth), like safer said move AJ to RT.

Hopefully those dudes can compete, likely to be our o-line for awhile (hopefully) no more injuries. Need to start by playing physical against the niners.

And playing physical against one of it not the most physical team in the league is a tall ask. I think they will run all over us and their pass rush will be all over Stafford. Hope I am wrong but, the Rams are currently the worst OL in pass pro. Does adding A Jax and Bruss + another week of recovery for K Dot and Havs change that somehow???

• 1 / 2
13 posts Sep 18 2024