10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by norcalramfan
2 days 23 hours ago
 Total posts:   325  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

1. Fiske is a "nothing burger" right now. Has had zero impact on the defense.
2. Verse is dog, he has game.
3. Our Middle Linebackers are garbage.
4. Bobby Brown is garbage.
5. Outside of finding Nakua late in the draft, it doesn't appear those later round draft picks will have much impact (eg. Lake, Brown, Rozenboom, Turner, McClendon, Hampton, Tyler Davis, Brennan Jackson etc.)
6. Demarcus Robinson needs to learn how to block downfield.
7. McClendon is "turnstyle" tackle and wears cement cleats. Slow...real slow
8. Not quite sure why Earnest Jones was sent packing.
9. Tredavious White looks washed.
10. Kam Kinchens appears to have little game right now. Plays very infrequently and in two games has committed a crucial "helmet to helmet" personal foul then gave up a long pass looking into the backfield and losing Harrison in a busted play.
11. Byron Young has to set a better edge.
12. Hoecht seems like a good guy, but he's playing too much for my liking.
13. Shula had a horrible defensive game plan and did not have his defense ready.
14. Is it time for McVay to consider some playing time for his starters in the pre-season. Lose Nakua, Noteboom, Avila in game #1.
15. If McVay can't turn this around how long will it be before we hear the rumors he's quitting and going to the TV booth?

by Zen_Ronin
2 days 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   2106  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

16. Every memeber of the defense needs to relearn how to tackle. I haven't seen that many single arm attempted tackles resulting in complete whiffs since Fisher was HC.

by SoCalRam78
2 days 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   1087  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

This is going to be a long year. They have always operated w low margins for errors. Their offense is decimated w injuries. Alaric Jackson prob cost us a W in week 1 by suspending himself. They’re unathletic and without AD don’t have a game breaker on D. Their offense isn’t doing shit without Puka and Kupp. Has the makings of a long lost year and not sure how much better it gets next year.

by ramsman34
2 days 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   9041  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

It’s really early in the season but how can we tell what this team is with so many injuries to key starters? The defensive front looks to have 2 above average players in Verse and Turner. The rest? Not impressive.

LBs - wouldn’t start in most teams

Corners - Durant is injured but probably an avg corner. Tre White looks slow.

Safeties / they should be the strength of the team. With Johnso out, they looked clueless and did not communicate well at all.

OL - was supposed to be the key to it all Tun game, protection, getting leads in teams to help the run defense/defense in general.
They are the walking dead right now
Can’t run the ball, can’t protect.

TE position is a bigger weakness now than at anytime Higs was in there.

Top 2 receivers out and now at the same time. Our #3-#5 don’t scare anyone so running the ball will be even more difficult as the box will be loaded.

STs are respectable if not good. Haven’t been able to say that in a while.

So there’s that. Ugh.

by safer
2 days 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   1309  
Pro Bowl

On top of these thoughts, we got outcoached on both sides of the ball. THREE times we had 1st and goal at the 4 yd line. McVay gets too cute down there. We got one FG and when we did rush, we scored on 1st down.
Vs the Lions last week, when McVay went to play action rollouts, we went to business. today he didn't do much of that and our LT (I don't even see him as a dependable back up) was completely left on an island while he looked like a turnstile. Later, we helped him by chipping the DE at times, and it really helped. We ARE a much better O when we do a lot of play action.
I did watch Big Rob at RT and he dominated his guy.
Hey, it's one game, and yeah we truly sucked, but getting AJ back should make a huge diff. BTW--Purdy got sacked SIX times today!

by ramsman34
2 days 18 hours ago

Agree Safer. But, The issues with play action is the run game. Our OL is getting destroyed. Can’t even set up the play action.

Where are the jet sweeps? Why doesn’t Tutu get one of those a game to see what he can gain? And why the fuck aren’t we using the TEs?

by ramsman34
2 days 18 hours ago

And it’s “1 game” but a 3 game losing streak going back to the 2023 playoffs.

Sorry. I’m salty about this one. We were pimp smacked today, by the Cardinals.

by snackdaddy
2 days 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   9800  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The first guy to the ball carrier cannot make the tackle. We're playing a team that lives on yards after catch. While I do expect a better effort I still don't see us winning. Or even making it a close game. Won't be as bad as yesterday. But I see something along the lines of 31-20.

by ramsww
2 days 7 hours ago
 Total posts:   522  
Veteran

norcalramfan wrote:1. Fiske is a "nothing burger" right now. Has had zero impact on the defense.
2. Verse is dog, he has game.
3. Our Middle Linebackers are garbage.
4. Bobby Brown is garbage.
5. Outside of finding Nakua late in the draft, it doesn't appear those later round draft picks will have much impact (eg. Lake, Brown, Rozenboom, Turner, McClendon, Hampton, Tyler Davis, Brennan Jackson etc.)
6. Demarcus Robinson needs to learn how to block downfield.
7. McClendon is "turnstyle" tackle and wears cement cleats. Slow...real slow
8. Not quite sure why Earnest Jones was sent packing.
9. Tredavious White looks washed.
10. Kam Kinchens appears to have little game right now. Plays very infrequently and in two games has committed a crucial "helmet to helmet" personal foul then gave up a long pass looking into the backfield and losing Harrison in a busted play.
11. Byron Young has to set a better edge.
12. Hoecht seems like a good guy, but he's playing too much for my liking.
13. Shula had a horrible defensive game plan and did not have his defense ready.
14. Is it time for McVay to consider some playing time for his starters in the pre-season. Lose Nakua, Noteboom, Avila in game #1.
15. If McVay can't turn this around how long will it be before we hear the rumors he's quitting and going to the TV booth?

Norcal, thanks for saving me the rant and time. I can’t agree more. Offense was very vanilla. Our TEs suck. They didn’t start in Seattle & Miami for a reason. Our depth WRs can’t block anything like Kupp & Nakua and will soon join them on IR if McVay insists on running the same offense.

Nah, we didn’t need EJ. This is Shula’s one and done as a DC unless miracles happen..(AD where R U) lol

The only bright side is seeing these WRs, Davis Allen and Corum getting more opportunities. Stafford would be fine with a real LT and Williams will have the 1200 yds 9 TDs I’ve predicted. Let’s see which D players step up and look to 2025 to rebuild the D starting at CB.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Sep 18 2024