10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Dare
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   215  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/30/rams-mcvay-mcclendon-noteboom-offensive-tackle/

This is why I think LT is Noteboom's start to lose. McVay sounds like he would be fine with both of these two going forward long term.

I've always liked Noteboom and when he's on his game he's very good. I think McClendon showed tremendous development over the past year so he could easily be the heir apparent to Havenstein as early as next year.

Arcuri and McDermott will give them options going forward. This is why it wouldn't surprise me if they allowed Alaric walk next year. As for this year, Limmer, Bruss and when he returns Leveston gives them depth inside. This is about as deep as we have seen the OL in a long long time.

by ramsman34
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   9028  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

2 probs with Boom 1. Injuries. He just gets something, consistently. 2. When he’s off, he’s waaaay off. These opened the door for A Jax and he is not exactly a pillar of reliability - physically or mentally. How much longer can/will Havs play? McClendon seems like the heir apparent. I agree that the developmental depth is better than it’s been in a while and certain guys could come in right away if necessary and we’d probably still be pretty good. Think you are right that A Jax could be gone after this season. I think the Rams will focus hard on LT in the off season.

by safer
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1307  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

A lot of Note's problems have mostly come when he played inside. He is too tall and not enough lead in his ass to play there. I do agree that he has been waaay too prone to injuries.
Still, in a pinch, I don't think we could have another non-starter guy who could fill his role on either the right or left side. his skill set does allow for versatility at both OT spots, which is rare.

by safer
2 weeks 1 day ago
Pro Bowl

I think a lot of guys here should go back and watch us vs. the Browns game when AJax was left alone for most of the game vs. Myles Garrett. He held him to zero sacks. As long as he doesn't continue to get into off field trouble, and we could sign him for about what we pay Note, then I'd rather we draft a stud LT (trade up); let Havenstein walk and then have AJax compete with McClendon at RT. A Jax, to me, is still an ascending talent, and his feet are better than Havensteins.

by phoenixrising
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

AJ has some limitations in ability but damn he’s a scrapper. I’ll never count him out. Note boom is probably more talented but lacks that scrappiness.

by PARAM
2 weeks 6 hours ago
 Total posts:   12399  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Does anybody.know what the issue is with AJax? And is it possible the Rams knew or suspected something.....which is why they didn't sign him long term AND kept JN and his best paid backup salary?

by Zen_Ronin
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   2104  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Well, Lions fans have definitely gotten more active as the weeks gone on, and boy are they ever feeling themselves...

The schedule makers ain’t no dummies. They know they have lightning in bottle with this matchup, with compelling stories up the ying yang.
An engaged, matured Jamo involved in a lot more plays added to essentially the same cast. Yes, please. That offensive continuity will find answers to LA’s mystery defense.
The Rams will have to find answers to the Lions mystery defense too. Their task is complicated because our defensive talent is light years different from last January. The DBs of course, but a healthy Levi, a healthy Davenport, and perhaps minor contributions from Reader? Campbell has some pass defense chops now–in theory.
How will these new elements communicate? Well enough to slow the Rams down more than last January, so we won’t have to sweat so much at the end.
The crowd will be geeked even without the Stafford kids to boo. If I were to bet the odds, I’d give the 3.5, but I don’t bet any more. Opening games are unpredictable.

Matt is going to want to stay home with Kelly next time.
41-27

I think we’re the better team, but I think the fact that we only beat them by 1 last time shows they’re close enough to beat us this time around. I just hope we make the adjustments we need to.

After a fast start by the Lions on a TD pass to Jamo and a TD run by Monty (missed extra point by Bates), Stafford leads the Rams to a 17-13 halftime lead. In the second half, a pick-six by Branch, a TD pass to LaPorta, and a redeeming Bates FG are only answered by a late TD to Puka Nacua. Lions win 30-24.

Rams are down one, possibly both, starting tackles… They moved Jackson to center and Avalia to LG this week. I want to see Davenport and Hutch eat against backup tackles… Bury Stafford into FF

I’m not buying the whole, “This was just the best permutation. The best way to get the best combination of guys at their best spots” angle.
Something came up with Avila at Center. I’d put money on it. I can’t think of a pivot at the pivot this last in the preseason just bc “this is our best lineup.”

Stafford is going to make crazy throws. Nacua and Kupp are going to make plays. I’m preparing myself to be super annoyed when we give up a 3rd and impossible. But I think we will be the more consistent and balanced team and pull out the W. If their Oline isn’t ready I think we’ll do really well.

They have 15 rookies on the roster??? Holy shit

My fears out loud:
Rams - 31
Lions - 27
Stafford smugly smiles as he slithers off the field after lighting up the Lions’ “vastly improved” secondary.
CD missed a lot of camp. Arnold and Rakestraw are rookies. Branch is playing an entirely new position and missed a lot of camp as well.
There’s nothing a vet QB loves more than rookie CB’s.

I think Lions lose this game unfortunately.

Rams: 31

Lions:28

I think even know the Rams oline is not intact, the lion’s defensive backfield is new and has not played together. Communication is going to be key and I think they struggle especially the first few games. Stafford gets his revenge. Stafford will carve up this new look secondary.

by ramsman34
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   9028  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Man are they underestimating our OL. And clearly the play calling that MCV has in mind to compensate for any possible issues there.

They are right that Staff should carve up that secondary if he has time. Those rooks are matching up against serious technicians at WR and TE. Good luck with that. Goff will be throwing into a secondary loaded with vet talent. Good luck with that as well.

Both teams will make plays. The rams will make more.

Rams 34
Lions 24.

by Zen_Ronin
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   2104  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

WTF? That post totally ended up under the wrong thread. I'll move it. It was supposed to be in the QFTOS thread.

by safer
1 week 1 day ago
Pro Bowl

THE WHOLE thing about tomorrow, for me, is our very young and talented, but mostly unproven front seven vs one of the top Olines in the league.
I'm gonna be glued to Verse, Speights and Fiske BIG TIME. I do think we will put up some serious points on the Lions but am more concerned by what they can do vs. our super young D. Think about this; 3 rooks; 2 sophomores; and 2 guys in their third year on our front seven!!!!............ :shock2:

• 1 / 1
10 posts Sep 16 2024