11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12390  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1816901301953003879

Depth replacement at best. Lions secondary was hot garbage last year.

Ya never know! Depth for now.
Lions secondary was hot garbage but was that everybody? Prolly not.

by Dare
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   197  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

Kendrick was possibly heading towards the PS this year. IMO Jerry Jacobs while not great is an upgrade in terms of depth. He's got better athleticism making him an easier scheme fit. With Williams, White, Durant and Lake as their first 4 DBs (CBs) Jacobs is looking like strictly STs or depth.

I don't understand all this angst over DK who got benched he sucked so bad.

Actually, I'm wondering how Charles Woods will look in camp. IMO he's an interesting UDFA rookie CB with average length and decent speed (4.48). His video makes him look better in man coverage than zone, but he needs a year or two of good coaching before they know. Right now I actually like him as far as potential is concerned more than Tomlinson. He could end up being decent SCB in a year or two.

by ramsman34
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8947  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

PARAM wrote:Ya never know! Depth for now.
Lions secondary was hot garbage but was that everybody? Prolly not.

We’ll see. Did play his best ball under Aubrey. I’m hoping I get to camp. That will give me a much better perspective on him.

by ramsman34
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8947  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dare wrote:Kendrick was possibly heading towards the PS this year. IMO Jerry Jacobs while not great is an upgrade in terms of depth. He's got better athleticism making him an easier scheme fit. With Williams, White, Durant and Lake as their first 4 DBs (CBs) Jacobs is looking like strictly STs or depth.

I don't understand all this angst over DK who got benched he sucked so bad.

Actually, I'm wondering how Charles Woods will look in camp. IMO he's an interesting UDFA rookie CB with average length and decent speed (4.48). His video makes him look better in man coverage than zone, but he needs a year or two of good coaching before they know. Right now I actually like him as far as potential is concerned more than Tomlinson. He could end up being decent SCB in a year or two.

Not really concerned about the loss of Kendericks, per se. Like Elvis said, it’s the potential loss of D Will that is more troubling. I hope the depth players all get a long look in preseason. I think they typically carry 6, maybe 5 corners. They all need to be able to contribute when called upon. And we need the top 3 to be above average to help the unknown that is the pass rush. Right now that top 3 group is a potentially injured D Will, a recovering from injury Tre White, and Cobie Durant. Kendrick’s brough starters experience that isn’t there after the top 3.

So hopefully at least some of the depth players make a big jump with the extra reps. Having Tomlinson show he is ready for increased game reps would be tremendous. Having the new guy look good and learning the D quickly will as well.

There are some rookies who are intriguing. But…rookies and late round or UDFA guys so can’t really hope for much from them.

• 1 / 2
11 posts Sep 07 2024