16 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by snackdaddy
2 days 14 hours ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Dare wrote:I first heard it from a friend that saw him at OTAs and it was clear he had lost weight. Now on their revised roster he's listed at 267 lbs. That is a very good weight for him. He timed in the 4.6 range pre-draft.

The Rams need an ILB and I thought they would draft one. Rozeboom has been a disappointment. Since the Rams didn't draft an ILB, I figured they might move someone. Hoecht has been moved from DT to edge then OLB. IMO the best fit for him would be as an ILB. He would bring size and speed to the position to stuff those inside gaps on run downs or helping with contain when they play mobile QBs.

Hoecht is a good player they simply haven't found his fit in the defense.

Yeah, ESPN team page and Rams.com both have Hoecht listed at 267. NFL site still has him at 310. That is a huge drop in weight. I hope it isn't too much. While he should be faster I hope it doesn't reduce his strength. 267 is a good weight for an edge rusher. I always thought he was too big to be anything but inside.

by ramsman34
2 days 10 hours ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

actionjack wrote:Agreed Hoecht will continue to play OLB, we need depth there.

I see the secondary like this...

Curl and Lake at the back end. (Taylor & Kitchens are the backups)

Star- probably Yeast

CB- Williams , Durant (until White is ready)

Dime- Tomlinson or Kendricks or Ingle or McCutcheon

We differ a bit in the secondary. I see the Rams in nickel often.
Curl and Kinchens deep
Durant and Williams outside
Lake @ Star (moves to safety in base)
Tre Tom/Kendricks/Yeast @ Dime depending on the situation

Then Tre White once healthy outside and Durant at Nickel/Dime, depending on the situation.

We have some really nice pieces in the secondary. A lot of versatility. A decent amount of experience.

by actionjack
1 day 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   4086  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:We differ a bit in the secondary. I see the Rams in nickel often.
Curl and Kinchens deep
Durant and Williams outside
Lake @ Star (moves to safety in base)
Tre Tom/Kendricks/Yeast @ Dime depending on the situation

Then Tre White once healthy outside and Durant at Nickel/Dime, depending on the situation.

We have some really nice pieces in the secondary. A lot of versatility. A decent amount of experience.

Could happen, but from what I read and what was happening in OTA's Lake will not be playing the star.

by Dare
1 day 17 hours ago
 Total posts:   137  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Practice Squad

Reportedly both Jackson and Hampton looked good at OTAs. Apparently Hampton has really improved. If these reports are accurate then the Rams will look very good behind their DL with Jones, Jackson, Hampton and Hoecht.

by BobCarl
1 day 15 hours ago
 Total posts:   4330  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Dare wrote:if they play one gap ...two gap .
.... The center makes that call and they adjust accordingly... And the offense knows how to adjust to the post snap "one or two " gap changes that the Rams defense throws at them. ... Pre snap, the QB is able to see which LB picks up the TE, and identifies the Mike and then makes protection adjustments....

In today's game what really fucks up a play is when the QB is wrong about who the Mike is... (On both run and passes) The Rams now can create more deception on who is actually the Mike for individual plays. And we'll be seeing after the snap decisions on who really takes on the Mike role for run plays and who blitzes on pass plays.

Gonna be fun to watch :D

by ramsman34
18 hours 11 minutes ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

actionjack wrote:Could happen, but from what I read and what was happening in OTA's Lake will not be playing the star.

Hmm interesting. And the Rams just re signed JJ3. One thing is fore sure, depth all over the backfield.

• 2 / 2
16 posts Jul 05 2024