44 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by actionjack
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Ya that was awesome. They just seem to have a different way of evaluating players - not that I know how other teams do it. But ya, they seemed to get exactly who they wanted. The first 4 were in their top 50 I believe. That North Star shit was cool as hell. Like their own intangibles eval scoring system. Our team just gets it.

And E, we were in that room that a lot of the video was shot in!!!!

Very clear to me the last few years the Rams have really honed in on as Jourdan says "Finding Rams" via the draft.

The attributes are as follows:
Leaders
Love Love Football
Good People
Understand work works
Mature
Physical
Done it at a high level in College

Great video, cant wait until Episode 3 to see these dudes in action (albeit no pads). Great job by the Rams to provide this content.

IMO one of the best things about being a current Ram fan (beyond the blessing of McVay/Snead and company), is we get to cheer for players we can be proud of, knuckleheads need not apply.

by Dare
1 day 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   132  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Practice Squad

It's more likely they were trying to move up to get Byron Murphy who was picked by Seattle at 16. Murphy was probably considered the top DT in the draft. That would have meant they would have hoped Verse dropped into the second round and they could move up to get him or Brennan Jackson would have been their edge choice.

Jackson has talent, particularly as an edge setter. He's raw as a pass rusher but has all the tools, just simply needs a year of good coaching. As he is he looks like a strong SAM LB type of prospect this year, which is something they need with all the mobile QBs they face. It's why I think Jackson and Hampton might be a good match as OLBs next to Jones.

What I liked about this episode was the insight into Shula. I've liked him for a long time but even more so now. I think this defense will explode on the scene as a force to be reckoned with and unfortunately, it might make him a HC prospect for a lot of teams. I hope he stays because If McVay decides to leave again I'd like Shula as his replacement. His approach to coaching would seem to lend itself to being a HC at some point.

• 5 / 5
44 posts Jun 30 2024