5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by St. Loser Fan
4 days 11 hours ago
 Total posts:   10605  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Might as well start the thread now because we already have one clock ticking.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike ... er-report/

by actionjack
4 days 6 hours ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

here are some current odds

Odds for Next Head Coach Fired

Coach, Team, Odds

Percent Chance

Robert Saleh- New York Jets +350
22.2%

Matt Eberflus-Chicago Bears +450
18.2%

Mike McCarthy- Dallas Cowboys +450
18.2%

Dennis Allen- New Orleans Saints +700
12.5%

Brian Daboll -New York Giants +1250
7.4%

Sean McDermott- Buffalo Bills
+1500
6.3%

Nick Sirianni -Philadelphia Eagles
+1500
6.3%

The Field +1000
9.1%

Me: I feel like Daboll and Siranni should be higher. If either of those teams have slow starts...

by Elvis
4 days 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'd say McCarthy, Saleh and Daboll are the top 3 to be next HC fired.

Saints ought to fire Allen but doesn't seem like they will. Eberflus with a rookie QB and the way Chicago rolls, he's probably safe till at least the end of the season regardless.

If the McCarthy/JJ thing is real, well McCarthy will lose that. If Jets start slow with a healthy AR, could be a quick trigger there, harder to read the Giants but always fun to see what happens...

by PARAM
4 days 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   12318  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

McCarthy and Saleh are certainly on the hottest seats. But Siriani is an interesting watch. The Eagles had an epic collapse last year. But they would need an ugly start to fire him. Both McCarthy and Siriani would make Daboll the senior head coach in the east!!!

by Dare
2 days 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   132  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Practice Squad

In my opinion:

Saleh is a good coordinator and some simply can't make the transition to HC. But that said the question that must be answered is whether or not the problem is Saleh or the FO. Just look at how they draft. Anyone see a team being built or a semblance of a cohesive plan? If Saleh gets fired he won't be on the street long either as a HC or DC.

I dislike McCarthy and think he's over his head as a HC. That said, Jones is the epidemy of a control freak owner. They may never make another SB under him. If he gets fired he will be lucky to be hired as a coordinator.

The Bills won't make the SB and I think McDermott is gone in January or February. Josh Allen is a decent QB but IMO not one to take you to the SB. He has too many brain dead moments and his deep ball accuracy is inconsistent.

Sirianni has hitched his saddle to a QB perfect for a two read or run college offense which has been exposed against good NFL DCs. Hurts needs to develop beyond that style of offense but few do at this level. Normally they start getting hurt. He already is having problems staying on the field. His inordinate number of sacks reflects his inability to play as a pocket passer. He's had over 1500 passing attempts over the past 3 years and he missed 4 games in that time span. It wouldn't surprise me if they traded Hurts to AZ, for a first round pick and hired a new HC if the Eagles can't make the SB this year.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Jun 28 2024