24 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by AltiTude Ram
1 week 22 minutes ago
 Total posts:   2197  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Les Snead breaks down film on every draft pick. Some good insight into some of their evaluations.

by ramsman34
6 days 6 hours ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

snackdaddy wrote:Its gonna be hard for Bowers to prove that he woulda been worth a trade up. Raiders are one of the teams in quarterback purgatory. They don't really have a legit starting level quarterback.

Its clear the Rams wanted to go all in for offense. But the way the draft was shaking out, defense was the best option by the time it got to their pick. Verse is a guy who likely woulda gone earlier in any other draft. But so many offensive players went early. I think we did pretty good with that pick. Time will tell if if this draft was really good.

Based on what we need from the front seven, I think “time” will come quickly to know if these guys have it at this level or do not. I think this D is going to shock people quickly and get better and better as the season progresses.

by actionjack
5 days 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   4079  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Looking forward to a full write up....

That was some good stuff. Basically the Rams had 3 guys they targeted. Bowers, Byron Murphy and Verse (also Fiske in part).

So the fact the Rams didnt have to give up anything for Verse is hopefully a win. But did have to give up some picks for Fiske. Guess will see how it works out. It would have been fun to have gotten Bowers and unlock more the Rams offense, but getting a much better pass rush sounds like a better plan.

by /zn/
5 days 4 hours ago
 Total posts:   6807  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I don't mind the "expense" trading up for Fiske, because they didn't really trade for a player, they traded for a pairing: Fiske + Verse.

They thought that re-uniting that pair would gain them more than just "2 good players." They liked how they played together.

They thought that once they had taken Verse, Fiske was the best defender to pair with him.

Now if that works out the way they want it to, then, paying a little extra for that added dimension--ie. it's not 2 good players, beyond that it's a good pairing--is fine with me.

• 3 / 3
24 posts Jun 22 2024