63 posts
  • 7 / 7
 by Dare
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   125  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

IMO people are making too much over the loss of Donald. Yes there is no way you replace a HOF positional GOAT. But what you do is you replace the production and most of all the offensive threat level he presented. With this DL of Young, Turner, Fiske and Verse that is exactly what the Rams have done.

Verse and Fiske by the end of the season will present the same level of impact on OCs as Donald presented. You are not going to consistently block those two guys with two OL. Now OCs will have to account not only for Turner but Fiske and Verse but they can't sleep on Young.

Starters: Young, Turner, Fiske and Verse.
Rotation: Hoecht, Durden, Davis, Jackson

In the secondary, word is they are looking at SCB options for depth with Kendrick and Yeast. I think Lake or Taylor are their best options. This would allow Shula to play Curl and Kinchens as his safeties. I think Lake's ability to play SCB is why they drafted Kinchens instead of another CB.

Regardless this is looking like a scary good defense with depth.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

AD showed repeatedly you couldn’t block him with one guy, or even two a lot of the time. It remains to be seen if the new guys can defeat single blocker assignments. The certainly have the potential. But this is the NFL, not college. We will see if/when they can do it. I am with you in thinking this D could be even better, despite not having AD.

I also agree that Curl and Kinchens end up as the starting safeties with Lake at the Star. Once D White is full speed, the secondary will be ridiculous, with quality depth.

by Dare
6 days 36 minutes ago
 Total posts:   125  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Also, I think drafting Fiske is a defensive tell. Both Turner and now Fiske are one gap DTs. Shula can play a penetration one gap DL with Jones, Hampton, and Jackson behind them. It will be interesting to see if Shula uses Hoecht more as an ILB on run downs. IMO he brings more to the table than Rozeboom on run downs.

Playing Jones, Hoecht, and Jackson as their LBs on run downs gives them more speed and power behind the DL of Young, Turner, Fiske, and Verse.

Regardless this front 7 looks like it's going to be very good this year.

If White returns to form this secondary is also going to be freaking dangerous!

• 7 / 7
63 posts Jun 21 2024