24 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by Elvis
2 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We don't know for sure it was Bowers but assuming it was, combined with reporting Rams tried to trade up for Kincaid last year and there's a good chance McVay would like to add a first round type athletic talent TE to the offense...

by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   237  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Elvis wrote:We don't know for sure it was Bowers but assuming it was, combined with reporting Rams tried to trade up for Kincaid last year and there's a good chance McVay would like to add a first round type athletic talent TE to the offense...

Definitely don't know for sure. May have been for Verse? But then we would have probably not gotten Fiske without having our 2nd Rounder. Unless they were prepared to trade our (gulp) 2025 1st Rounder to get him??? All speculation. But I'm glad, I think.

by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 6 days ago
Rookie

Elvis wrote:We don't know for sure it was Bowers but assuming it was, combined with reporting Rams tried to trade up for Kincaid last year and there's a good chance McVay would like to add a first round type athletic talent TE to the offense...

Looks like it was Bowers

https://www.lafbnetwork.com/los-angeles ... ategy-doc/

by Elvis
2 weeks 6 days ago
Administrator

I haven't watched but this is pretty interesting stuff (assuming it's being described accurately).

We know the Rams (Behind the Grind) only showed us how happy they were to get the players they got, and i'm sure they were. But they didn't show us who else the Rams were interested in or their disappointment at not getting them, like Murphy.

Also, if i remember right, Jourdan said the Rams made some initial calls to feel out the price of trading up but nothing more than that. That's clearly not the case.

I'll watch and form my own takes soon enough...

by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 6 days ago
Rookie

So now we're giving up Verse, Fiske, AND Corum for Brock Bowers???? Noooooo, thank you!!!!

by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 6 days ago
Rookie

Fully understand there's "more than one way to skin a cat," and with Bowers, Rams would have been very dynamic. But willing to place my hard-earned money, that 5 years from now, Jared Verse HIMSELF, will be the better Pro than Bowers.

by Will0120
2 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

I can't access that on Roku where I am. Was the clip all there was for the Rams or it was completely focused on the Rams for the entire show? I've always wanted a behind the scenes look at the draft process and this is exactly it! 8-)

by Elvis
2 weeks 6 days ago
Administrator

This and Kincaid last year tells us McVay really would like to have a TE who's a weapon defenses have to account for...

• 1 / 3
24 posts Jul 05 2024