15 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by actionjack
3 weeks 16 hours ago
 Total posts:   4087  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Right? You know Stafford is watching:

Yep two-year extension for 120 million all guaranteed, coming very soon.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 15 hours ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Ya and none of them have won a SB. Goff and Burrow have been to one each. Staff is gonna get paid.

by PARAM
3 weeks 15 hours ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Is it Stafford wants a raise?
Or
Stafford wants a new deal?
Or
Does he simply want more guaranteed money?

I can see the logic (on both sides) to some of that. But like RM34 said, none of those on that list have won a Superbowl. And 9 has.

Imagine how much they'd command if they had!!!

Stafford doesn't strike me as the type to have salary envy. I think he may be looking at it as "you want me to win another SB, but I don't want to die trying (metaphorically), so show me some more guaranteed money and I won't worry about that"

I can see the Rams side too. Don't want to guarantee too much money on an older QB who's career could end quickly.

Meet somewhere in the middle, sounds like a good suggestion.

by St. Loser Fan
3 weeks 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Why is the second smallest market paying this much to someone that hasn’t taken them very far?

by snackdaddy
3 weeks 1 hour ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Why is the second smallest market paying this much to someone that hasn’t taken them very far?

Life in the NFL. If you don't wanna be one of those teams who are stuck in quarterback purgatory, you gotta pay your guy elite money. He may not be elite but you can do worse.

by BrooklynRam74
3 weeks 1 hour ago
 Total posts:   237  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

St. Loser Fan wrote:Why is the second smallest market paying this much to someone that hasn’t taken them very far?

Is this Baseball? The only sport WITHOUT a Salary Cap. What does "market" have to do with ANYTHING in a Salary Cap Sport. Each team has the SAME amount of money to spend on Payroll. Only in Baseball does Metropolitan size matter (Dodgers, Yankees)

• 1 / 2
15 posts Jul 05 2024