10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by BrooklynRam74
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   242  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

After having 74 Million in dead money last year. A 10-7 Season in a year with 74 million dollars less worth of talent on the field compared to other teams. This is why THESE 2024 Rams are Super Bowl Contenders. At least 3 "kicks at the can" should be left in the Stafford era.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... y-ranking/

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   39007  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Cam getting his story ideas from RFU?

We talked about this a little bit last week here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16833&p=289633#p289610

Tony Pastoors said he figured the Rams would be heading into the season with about $5 mil in cap space which he said was the most they've had in a long time.

Though, gotta say, not sure how much dead cap really matters. Rams had a ton of it in 2021 when they won the SB and even more last year when they won 10 games.

So it's good obviously but other stuff matters more...

by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4112  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Cam getting his story ideas from RFU?

Tony Pastoors said he figured the Rams would be heading into the season with about $5 mil in cap space which he said was the most they've had in a long time.

Though, gotta say, not sure how much dead cap really matters. Rams had a ton of it in 2021 when they won the SB and even more last year when they won 10 games.

Well I def think the less dead money the better no matter how you slice it. It means you have more money to keep players and sign additional ones. Going to be huge to get AD completely off the books. Have to prep for the eventually paying that young defense and Puka. Hopefully we get Stafford squared away soon.

by Indrid Cold
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   869  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

I like what the Rams are doing. I'm not negative guy. But we got to apply some realism to things. We can be contenders, but this is the team for the next few years.

The dead cap shit is bs. We have AD on the books for $25M this year. $38.5M next year plus $10M in dead money for Noteboom of all people. If you trust Spotrak. I trust them more than OvertheCap, big difference in numbers. I like Spotrak, I feel like they got their shit together and overthecap is amateur hour.

Spotrak has us in the red next year. Meaning we are over the cap. It's all cool...but it's dependent on young players being what they can be. I think they can. There's moves that can be made, too, but the Rams are kind of all in on this roster.

by PARAM
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12328  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Cam getting his story ideas from RFU?

It's not the dead money that matters. It's what you get for your real money.

by BrooklynRam74
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   242  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Indrid Cold wrote:I like what the Rams are doing. I'm not negative guy. But we got to apply some realism to things. We can be contenders, but this is the team for the next few years.

The dead cap shit is bs. We have AD on the books for $25M this year. $38.5M next year plus $10M in dead money for Noteboom of all people. If you trust Spotrak. I trust them more than OvertheCap, big difference in numbers. I like Spotrak, I feel like they got their shit together and overthecap is amateur hour.

Spotrak has us in the red next year. Meaning we are over the cap. It's all cool...but it's dependent on young players being what they can be. I think they can. There's moves that can be made, too, but the Rams are kind of all in on this roster.

We can be contenders? That's where your capping it? Best Quarterback in the Conference and we can be contenders??? One of the few teams to be blessed with a Top 8 Quarterback still relatively in his prime. No. We CAN win the Super Bowl. Only goal.

by snackdaddy
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9740  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

BrooklynRam74 wrote:We can be contenders? That's where your capping it? Best Quarterback in the Conference and we can be contenders??? One of the few teams to be blessed with a Top 8 Quarterback still relatively in his prime. No. We CAN win the Super Bowl. Only goal.

Yup. We certainly can win it. If the players buy into that mindset they can get there.

by Flash
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1212  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

BrooklynRam74 wrote:https://www.lafbnetwork.com/matthew-sta ... g-nfc-qbs/

"Cowherd had former Rams quarterback Jared Goff ranked second, Jordan Love third, Kyler Murray fourth, and Kyler Murray fifth".

4th and 5th?...Great editing.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Jul 26 2024