6 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsww
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   477  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

In 1967 the NFL established the Coastal Division consisting of the Los Angeles Rams, SF 49ers, Baltimore Colts, and Atlanta Falcons….

Whatever rule or organizational changes are made whether it’s laser based chain gangs, foam helmet toppers or league mergers, it will all become the norm.

I grew up hating the AFL (in a good way) and rooting for NFL Super Bowl victories. Now I watch the first 2 Super Bowls and find myself rooting for the KC Chiefs and the Raiders in games I know these underdogs will never win. I even like watching Jerry Rice highlights. It may take a while longer to move Brady into that category.

by snackdaddy
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   9707  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Geographically the Coastal division never made much sense. Atlanta being in it made even less sense.

by rams74
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1500  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

ramsww wrote:In 1967 the NFL established the Coastal Division consisting of the Los Angeles Rams, SF 49ers, Baltimore Colts, and Atlanta Falcons….

I hated the Coastal Division. The Colts, with Johnny Unitas, were a thorn in my side.
ramsww wrote:I grew up hating the AFL (in a good way) and rooting for NFL Super Bowl victories. Now I watch the first 2 Super Bowls and find myself rooting for the KC Chiefs and the Raiders in games I know these underdogs will never win.

I always kinda liked Bart Starr. And Vince Lombardi.
ramsww wrote:I even like watching Jerry Rice highlights.

Perish the thought.

by Elvis
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

When i started paying attention it was Rams, Niners, Saints, Falcons. That Saints rivalry was a big one. Seattle in the NFC still feels weird to me sometimes but mostly i've forgotten about it...

by ramsww
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   477  
Starter

rams74 wrote:I hated the Coastal Division. The Colts, with Johnny Unitas, were a thorn in my side.

I always kinda liked Bart Starr. And Vince Lombardi.

Perish the thought.

Here as well. Having traveled very little by then but having a map I was like WTH? We got to beat up on Atlanta and SF at the time but people forget, when the Rams moved from Clv to LA I believe they were the only NFL team west of the Mississippi. First black players signed, first, black QB, first QB from the Philippines. Everything but the Lombardis but the Rams brought every city they played in a won World Championship, Cleveland Rams, LA Rams, St. Louis Rams and the current LA Rams. Pretty cool.

by BobCarl
3 weeks 11 hours ago
 Total posts:   4326  
Superstar

ramsww wrote:I even like watching Jerry Rice highlights.
I liked watching him live at the stadium wearing uniforms from each of the teams he played for.

• 1 / 1
6 posts Jun 17 2024