8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Elvis
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'm going a week from today for Tony Pastoors Fundamentals of Free Agency.

I've seen Snead twice now and in the invitation, they did not list him as leading Behind the Draft but on Twitter, people are saying it was him last night.

Hate missing out on Snead but have never really seen/heard much from Pastoors before so looking forward to it...

by ramsman34
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   8667  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

And I will be rolling to they with Elvis. I am sure we will have a nice report for all here after. Hopefully we can get a nugget from Pastoors on Stafford’s contract. But probably not. Should be a cool event.

Now, what to wear???? Lol

by Buck415
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   20  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I went to the first one Football 101 this season with Les Snead a few days ago. Traffic on the 405 going there was terrible but the presentation was great. (45 minutes from the Marina Freeway to Getty Center) I'd suggest getting there early and quickly getting your seats. (The "We Not Me" room was packed.) Get your your seats right away, then hit the refreshments or the restroom.
Les went through the draft beginning with the prep, to the actual draft days and into how they debrief with after action report. One thing he said was that at times its more important who you didn't pick than who you did pick.
He's predicting that the new kick-off rules will bring "chaos" in the first month of the season. It should be wild watching to see which teams come up with winning strategies and how long it takes others to copy.
After his talk we got a tour of the facility. I think the Rams' locker room at SoFi as quite fancy. Their practice locker room might even be nicer. I wonder how much better their permanent Warner Center practice facility will be. I guess they'll find out in July.

by PARAM
2 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Buck415 wrote:One thing he said was that at times its more important who you didn't pick than who you did pick.

I wonder who he was talking about? Newton (with his surgery again?)? Fautanu (is he a G or LT?)? Chop Robinson? Cooper DeJean? Kool-Aid?

by rams74
2 weeks 5 days ago
 Total posts:   1500  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:I wonder who he was talking about? Newton (with his surgery again?)? Fautanu (is he a G or LT?)? Chop Robinson? Cooper DeJean? Kool-Aid?

Johnny Manziel. After 10 years, Snead is still patting himself on the back for that one.

I know I'll be forever grateful that Manziel was a Rams' non-pick.

by Elvis
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Saw Pastoors Football 101 yesterday with ramsman34 and gareth (plus 34's special guest).

How is Pastoors only 36? That's insane. He was very tight lipped about the Stafford contract situation, said they will keep it in house, did say some of the stuff that's out there is "news to him" so don't believe everything you read.

Rams are in good cap situation. He was smart, a lot of fun to listen to, talked about watching the SB with Kroenke, Demoff, and Snead. As Snead has said himself, he (Snead) did not handle the stress of the game at the end very well, couldn't watch, was in the corner basically going by how the crowd was reacting.

Did the tour, it's always exciting to see the lockers with the players names on them. ADs is still there, across from Stafford. As much as we hate the new helmets, they look pretty great up close in person.

They'll be tearing the place down soon and moving to Woodland Hills. Pastoors used the word "hopefully" a lot when talking about the new place. Might just be how he talks but he's heavily involved with all things Woodland Hills and my understanding is they have to jump through a lot of hoops to do/build all the things they want so the timeline isn't always known.

It gets hot in Woodland Hills and they'll only have outdoor fields to start. Gonna be interesting...

by ramsman34
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8667  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Really enjoyed that with you and Gareth. My special guest (my 4 year old) actually dug it. Was surprised by Pastoors age as well. Dude seemed fired up about their cap sitch. Could we see another vet move?? I think a lot will depend on how certain positions/players perform early in camp. I think they are really hoping they can ride with who they have. But WR and DB are positions to watch. IMO. Worthington and Kinchens and the health of Kupp and Tre White are the guys I will be paying close attention to.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Jun 16 2024