3 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Dare
3 weeks 4 days ago
 Total posts:   119  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I see two sleepers in this draft.

Brennan Jackson was taken in the 5th round. He looks like a legit edge prospect. He had a solid collegiate career and physically he's got the physical and athletic traits you want in your edges. At 6'4" and 254 lbs, runs a 4.69 in the 40, with an excellent 10 yd split time and good agility. He and Hoecht will provide good rotational depth. He is a developmental player but he's one year of solid development from being a very good player. He's shown he can set a hard edge so playing at SAM or WIL will give Shula an OLB who can provide contain for all the QBs they will face who tend to leave the pocket.

Jordan Whittington is a potential Puka Nacua type WR. He's faster than Puka, and with his 6'1" height, and 4.47 speed he can exploit broken tackles which he often does. He's taken snaps at RB and is a willing blocker. All of this makes him a prototype of the WRs that McVay wants in his WR room. By the end of the season, he could be taking snaps from Robinson.

Overall I see this draft as another gem. I think all of the picks make the active roster. The Rams are a bit thin at CB but overall they are in good shape. This roster is a SB contender right now.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2100  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Does Whittington have any passing experience? I keep waiting for McVay to add some WR passes to his jet sweep playbook.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   8667  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Does Whittington have any passing experience? I keep waiting for McVay to add some WR passes to his jet sweep playbook.

Kupp and Woods have both thrown passes I believe. Tutu was a QB at one time I also believe. I’d bet Whittington could do it as well. He’s an athlete.

• 1 / 1
3 posts Jun 15 2024