98 posts
  • 6 / 10
 by Elvis
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

actionjack wrote:I have watched probably every pressor that McVay has done. I know his tells.

IMO Stafford will have a updated contract prior to training camp, I have a feeling something will be announced very soon.

I can't imagine this would be the sort of thing the Rams and Stafford would get hung up on...

by Elvis
3 weeks 3 days ago
Administrator

https://www.therams.com/news/observatio ... -tomlinson

Observations from Rams' first open OTA session of 2024 offseason program: Early look at rookies, plays made by Cobie Durant and Tre Tomlinson, and more

May 21, 2024
Stu Jackson
Senior Staff Writer

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The Rams held their first OTA session open to the media on Tuesday, giving observers their first look at the team's 2024 rookies on the practice field, a couple of interceptions by defensive backs Cobie Durant and Tre Tomlinson, and more.

Here are some of the notes and and observations from it:

1) OL Jonah Jackson and LB Ernest Jones IV non-participants: Regarding Jackson, head coach Sean McVay said "we're just being smart with him" because "he had some things after the season that we (are) just not quite ready for (him to be out there)." Jackson departed practice about halfway through it.

"He's done a lot of stuff as it relates to jog-throughs, the mental stuff," McVay said. "Making good progress, but when he'll be able to take part in the full 11-on-11 stuff, we expect that to happen at some point this offseason. But right now, we want to be smart with him."

Jones, meanwhile, had an excused absence.

"Just handling some stuff today, but he's been outstanding and a great leader for us," McVay said.

2) RB Kyren Williams won't participate in OTAs: McVay said Williams is dealing with a "foot issue" that will sideline him for OTAs, but it's nothing to be concerned about and he'll be ready for training camp.

3) QB Matthew Stafford present and participating: McVay during the NFL Draft confirmed a reported that Stafford wants an adjusted contract. Even as that situation is going on, Stafford was taking part in Tuesday's session – confirming what McVay anticipated last month.

"He's here and we appreciate that, and he knows that," McVay said. "We've had good conversations with him about football, and anything other than that, really just kind of keep it in-house."

4) Tip tip, hooray: One notable play was when DB Cobie Durant coralled a Stafford pass deflected LB Christian Rozeboom during 11-on-11 work.

5) Another pick: Tomlinson also secured an interception of his own, but in this instance it was against backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo during 11-on-11 work.

6) Stafford bounce-back: In a later part of 11-on-11, Stafford had consecutive completions to WR Demarcus Robinson, WR Cooper Kupp and WR Davis Allen at different levels of the field.

6) Lots of divots: If you saw grass flying up from the field, there's a good chance it was because of the fast feet of rookie defensive tackle Braden Fiske. So far it's one of the telling signs of how his motor runs during these sessions.

7) Tutu, one hand: WR Tutu Atwell had an impressive one-handed catch on a short pass toward the sideline from Garoppolo.

8) Skillset similarities: One thing McVay noted about why the team drafted RB Blake Corum this year is the similarities between Corum and Williams. The overlap could be seen Tuesday, especially when it came to the patience, vision, footwork, quickness, agility and pass-catching displayed by Corum.

by azramsfan93
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1494  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Image

I have a feeling Cooper is going to have a great year this year.

by Elvis
3 weeks 3 days ago
Administrator

azramsfan93 wrote:I have a feeling Cooper is going to have a great year this year.

He certainly intends to.

Rams putting out some great photos today:

by /zn/
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   6803  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Blake Corum will take full advantage of the reps and be ready to go me thinks. Glad they drafted him as K Will has been injured frequently. Hopefully we have a powerhouse 1-2 punch this season.

Yeah, KW has missed time (including going out of the Lions game). So he is probably not going to carry the load by himself in a 17 or more game season. They needed a 1A and 1B back system...and no one else they already had was a true 1B starting caliber back.

I've seen it said that they didn't need to use a 3 to get another RB. But truth is if you want a productive starting caliber back, the odds of finding one go way down after round 3. In fact, in the entire Rams history going back every season, they have drafted a true 1A or 1B starting caliber back after round 3 only one time. Once, in their entire history. And that was Williams in 2022.

Corum is going to fill a big need.

by actionjack
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4074  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:He certainly intends to.

Rams putting out some great photos today:

A healthy offseason for Kupp is huge.

If the Rams can manage to keep Puka, Kupp, Stafford and Kyren (mostly healthy) the Super Bowl is real possibility.

by AltiTude Ram
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   2194  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

The Rams do their own homework and don't rely on testing scores.

• 6 / 10
98 posts Jun 15 2024