32 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by Dare
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   120  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

The minute the Rams drafted Whittington I knew this was aimed right at Skowronek and previously posted as such. Whittington is probably a better blocker, he's definitely a better ball carrier and he's faster.

When you look at Whittington you see another WR cut in the mold of Nacua. That is the WR model the Rams are looking at. I don't see them keeping Atwell either. That said Atwell has trade value. But I don't see Tutu being extended. Whittington will probably edge Robinson off the starting rotation as well.

Just like McVay moved on from the Gurley type RB he's also remodeled his passing attack to be more about consistent chain moving and toughness. RBs don't need breakaway speed they need vision and toughness. Good vision and agility to see and exploit OL gaps.

I think releasing Skowronek now is a sign of respect. Give a guy who has been a good teammate a chance to catch on else where. Thankyou Ben for the work and effort and good luck to you.

by AltiTude Ram
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2195  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

by BrooklynRam74
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   228  
Rookie

Dare wrote:The minute the Rams drafted Whittington I knew this was aimed right at Skowronek and previously posted as such. Whittington is probably a better blocker, he's definitely a better ball carrier and he's faster.

When you look at Whittington you see another WR cut in the mold of Nacua. That is the WR model the Rams are looking at. I don't see them keeping Atwell either. That said Atwell has trade value. But I don't see Tutu being extended. Whittington will probably edge Robinson off the starting rotation as well.

Just like McVay moved on from the Gurley type RB he's also remodeled his passing attack to be more about consistent chain moving and toughness. RBs don't need breakaway speed they need vision and toughness. Good vision and agility to see and exploit OL gaps.

I think releasing Skowronek now is a sign of respect. Give a guy who has been a good teammate a chance to catch on else where. Thankyou Ben for the work and effort and good luck to you.

Please check to see if a thread is already started on it. Duplicate

by BrooklynRam74
1 month 1 week ago
Rookie

Good Blocker. Good Special Teamer. I think he catches on somewhere. Could see him back here too.

by Dare
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   120  
Practice Squad

There wasn't one when I was writing the post. I did check but my browser doesn't automatically update instantaneously. LOL

by Elvis
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Pretty much a push as far as the cap goes. He counted $1mil, a $900k contract now moves into the top 51.

So we got Coop, Puka, ARob, Tutu as very likely top 4. Add Whittington and maybe Tyler Johnson and that's 6...

by BrooklynRam74
1 month 1 week ago
Rookie

Dare wrote:There wasn't one when I was writing the post. I did check but my browser doesn't automatically update instantaneously. LOL

Not trying to be a prick Dare, would've called myself out for the same thing (have in the past)

All good

by BrooklynRam74
1 month 1 week ago
Rookie

Elvis wrote:Pretty much a push as far as the cap goes. He counted $1mil, a $900k contract now moves into the top 51.

So we got Coop, Puka, ARob, Tutu as very likely top 4. Add Whittington and maybe Tyler Johnson and that's 6...

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... p-release/

• 1 / 4
32 posts Jun 17 2024