487 posts
  • 20 / 49
 by snackdaddy
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9740  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

There won't be another Donald. But I am hearing the one guy who can come closest to that is Murphy. If they pick him they have him for 5 years if they want him. If he can just be a solid NFL DT we'd have two good ones with him and Kobie Turner. And who knows, maybe he can be better than solid.

by BrooklynRam74
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   242  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Decent chance we sit at 19 and pick either Murphy or Newton.

by Youngblood22
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   27  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I like Newton but would be good with Murphy. These would be my top two picks

by PARAM
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12328  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I like both those drafts. Not as high Newton in the first. But, we will se how it unfolds and who we end up with on all the defensive positions of need by the time camp rolls around and right before the season starts. More vets will be added somehow on top of the draft picks and UDFAs.

After our aggressive foray into free agency, we have the luxury of taking whomever we want and go BPA or need. 2 OGs, 2 CBs, 2 WRs, S, #2QB tendering LT and OLB among other things. We can take Edge or LT, DT or QB, CB or WR, RB or TE. It doesn't matter. As it currently stands, we have a pretty good offense (on paper) and a decent defense, albeit young. Then there's the post draft wave of free agency and UDFA hunt. We're gonna do just fine. I have zero angst at this point.

by PARAM
3 months 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Unless Stafford is full of shit and blatantly lying about wanting the HOF and superbowl “wins” I don't see how anyone could think he’s retiring after this season. Unless of course you think the Rams win it all this season and then he bows out thinking he’s a lock for the HOF.

It's April 2nd. WTF is there to talk about? The draft. Impending doom. NFL arrests like Sutton and (if I were a betting man) Rice. I'll also talk MLB but with all the Dodger fans here, I don't know enough about them to participate all that much. Yankees? I'll talk all day but the "other sports" forum is like a black hole.

ramsman34 wrote:I just hope whomever they draft comes in and contributes at a high level right away and gets better as the year progresses. At whatever positions they pick.

See my previous post. We're gonna be fine.

by rams74
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1503  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:Yankees? I'll talk all day

Please, no. I'll resist talking all day about the Dodgers if you do the same about the Yankees. :)

PARAM wrote:but the "other sports" forum is like a black hole.

True enough.

by Elvis
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   39006  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PARAM wrote:BTW, @Elvis.....I'm sure there's going to be a live chat for the draft right?

Discord is always there. I'll put up a link when it's time. And if Red's around, i know she'll take the lead.

BTW, it's getting less too early to talk draft all the time...

by actionjack
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4112  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Discord is always there. I'll put up a link when it's time. And if Red's around, i know she'll take the lead.

BTW, it's getting less too early to talk draft all the time...

I want to be the end of April for the draft but than that means we had to go through tax time ugh

by PARAM
3 months 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:BTW, it's getting less too early to talk draft all the time...

Took care of that! :D

by ramsman34
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8709  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I wonder how many prospects have true “Rams” first round grades? I doubt 19. So I thinking they trade up for LT or WR - keep an Eye on the Chargers’ slot. Or if they guys they really want are all gone and they couldn’t make a trade up, they trade down and go defense - could be almost any position.

• 20 / 49
487 posts Jul 26 2024