91 posts
  • 4 / 10
 by ramsrams
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Gotta move Kobie to Donald’s position now, don’t you?

by PARAM
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12318  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

:mrgreen2:
WaddyWasWideOpen wrote:point is WHEN did the Rams know. Today? 6 months ago? Right before FA period opened? I find it hard to buy that if Rams knew this a week ago they would not have been aggressive in the DL/EDGE/OLB market. I mean, its not like rushing the QB and putting pressure is important in todays game.....

Point is he decided to retire, not when they knew. Aggressive in the DL/Edge/OLB dept? Like what, trading for Burns AND Allen? (re-read this after posting and realized that was a great comedy duo 75 years ago). A little levity?

If I'm the Rams there's only 1 guy who lessens the pain of this. Draft Byron Murphy. Move up if you have to. He's not going ro replace AD.....neither Burns or Allen are capable either.....but in tandem with Kobie Turner, it's gives offenses pause.

Grab Murphy and the best Edge player available at #52. Screw CB. Screw OT. Screw RB or WR. Get Murphy and the best Edge at #52 (the kid from Penn St......no not Chop, the other one).

by PARAM
3 months 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Anybody want to buy an autographed Aaron Donald jersey?

Not for sale!!!!

by PARAM
3 months 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

per ESPN:

Over the past five years, the NFL average pass rush win rate against a single pass-blocker was 17% for a qualified rusher. Donald posted an 18% pass rush win rate against double-teams in that span, making him better against two pass-blockers than the average pass-rusher was against one over the past five years.

We might not have known those numbers but we knew that fact!!!!

by rams74
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1502  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Of course we and the Rams knew this was possible:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16803

It's still shocking but there were indications this might be coming.

Yes, we knew this was out there somewhere. But the thing is, a year ago when the Rams announced that they were letting players go and taking the dead cap hits and going young on defense, Donald said that he was ok with it as long as the guys Snead brought in were aggressive and talented (or something like that).

I mean, it wouldn't have surprised me if he had opted out right there, but he didn't, he bought in. I thought that meant he was in for another year also (this year), when we would have some cap space for another run at the title. I thought so a year ago and still did, up until a few hours ago.

So, yeah, I am surprised by this. Not as surprised as when Magic Johnson announced his retirement from the NBA -- I'll never be as surprised and shocked and stunned as I was then.

But it's not good. It might be good for Aaron, but it's not good for the Rams, not good for Rams fans. Sad day.

by bremillard
3 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

When you know it there's really no going back. Ad reached the pinnacle and has nothing left to prove. Now he's interested to prolonging a satisfying life. Yes there was a lot of money left on the table but when one has enough there are far more important things than dollars and cents. Thanks AD for showing the world what near perfection looks like.

• 4 / 10
91 posts Jul 03 2024