12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by BrooklynRam74
6 months 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   237  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Bart Scott and Damien Woody think the Rams, not the Cowboys, are the NFC's most dangerous team. Also say that Matthew Stafford is the Best QB in the Conference.

via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

by ramsman34
6 months 4 hours ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I agree - just hope these guys don’t read/believe the hype.

by actionjack
6 months 4 hours ago
 Total posts:   4087  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:I agree - just hope these guys don’t read/believe the hype.

Yeah I feel like maybe that leaked into the Giants game some, if I heard one more time that Stafford only had 1 INT over the last 5 games....of course he goes and throws two.

We got the win and hopefully got the stinker out of the way.

BTW on Wednesday am radio, Greenie was passionate about Stafford being the guy he would trust the most in the playoffs where Jeff Saturday continued to pump Purdy (cause he has better overall numbers lol).

by PARAM
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Yeah I feel like maybe that leaked into the Giants game some, if I heard one more time that Stafford only had 1 INT over the last 5 games....of course he goes and throws two.

We got the win and hopefully got the stinker out of the way.

BTW on Wednesday am radio, Greenie was passionate about Stafford being the guy he would trust the most in the playoffs where Jeff Saturday continued to pump Purdy (cause he has better overall numbers lol).

Well NFL fans are going to find out about Purdy. Last year it was, "well if Purdy wasn't injured.....". What's the excuse if they fail this year? McCaffrey's calf?

by actionjack
5 months 4 weeks ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:Well NFL fans are going to find out about Purdy. Last year it was, "well if Purdy wasn't injured.....". What's the excuse if they fail this year? McCaffrey's calf?

The way I see it, Purdy is similar to Goff. If you give him a good amount of time to throw he can get it to his weapons and really hurt you, if you pressure him mistakes will happen.

Just read an article recently a pressure rate and QB's. Goff had the largest gap between unpressured to pressured with respect to QBR rating. Something to think about if we play them.

by bremillard
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

actionjack wrote:The way I see it, Purdy is similar to Goff. If you give him a good amount of time to throw he can get it to his weapons and really hurt you, if you pressure him mistakes will happen.

Just read an article recently a pressure rate and QB's. Goff had the largest gap between unpressured to pressured with respect to QBR rating. Something to think about if we play them.

I agree with you so I was shocked to see Goff with a 97.9 2023 passer rating. Stafford's is 93. I would still prefer Stafford but the gap has narrowed.

by actionjack
5 months 3 weeks ago
Superstar

bremillard wrote:I agree with you so I was shocked to see Goff with a 97.9 2023 passer rating. Stafford's is 93. I would still prefer Stafford but the gap has narrowed.

Goff has really bounced back and is a legitimate top 5ish QB, but he has never been been good when pressured. This year one of the worst. We cant let him get into a rhythm, keep him uncomfortable, it will be tough.

by rams74
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1502  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:Goff has really bounced back and is a legitimate top 5ish QB, but he has never been been good when pressured. This year one of the worst. We cant let him get into a rhythm, keep him uncomfortable, it will be tough.

Goff has never had one of the quickest releases. His arm often goes through a bit of a wind-up, so when the pocket collapses and he's trying to get the ball out, it can sometimes look pretty bad.

On the other hand, he's certainly not alone in this category. Stafford under pressure sometimes throws some of the worst-looking interceptions imaginable. So much so that it's hard to understand what he was thinking sometimes. Brady could get really rattled when he got hit a few times. So do most guys, I think.

Kurt Warner was as good against pressure as I think I've ever seen. He seemed to get better as the blitz got heavier. His quick release helped him immensely.

But yeah, if we can get consistent pressure on Goff, it could be really good. Not sure I've seen the Rams defense put up consistent pressure this season, just spurts really. But that would be great.

by max
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:Goff has never had one of the quickest releases. His arm often goes through a bit of a wind-up, so when the pocket collapses and he's trying to get the ball out, it can sometimes look pretty bad.

On the other hand, he's certainly not alone in this category. Stafford under pressure sometimes throws some of the worst-looking interceptions imaginable. So much so that it's hard to understand what he was thinking sometimes. Brady could get really rattled when he got hit a few times. So do most guys, I think.

Kurt Warner was as good against pressure as I think I've ever seen. He seemed to get better as the blitz got heavier. His quick release helped him immensely.

But yeah, if we can get consistent pressure on Goff, it could be really good. Not sure I've seen the Rams defense put up consistent pressure this season, just spurts really. But that would be great.

The problem for Goff is this:
He is a slow and clumsy reacting athlete.
He has small hands.
So its easier to knock the ball out of his hands.

When you pressure any QB, they all take a drop in performance. Some, like Brady, take a minimal drop in performace, Goff takes an extreme drop in performance.

by actionjack
5 months 3 weeks ago
Superstar

rams74 wrote:Goff has never had one of the quickest releases. His arm often goes through a bit of a wind-up, so when the pocket collapses and he's trying to get the ball out, it can sometimes look pretty bad.

I agree with everything you said. We seemed to have picked up the pressure over the last handful of games, Kobie Turner emerging. I think Raheem will need to blitz, but obviously that is a risk reward.

This game like must will be decided in the trenches. Can the Rams protect Staff and run the ball vs Goff and that offense....will see. All I know is there is more pressure overall on them than us....

• 1 / 2
12 posts Jul 05 2024