79 posts
  • 6 / 8
 by bremillard
6 months 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

ramsman34 wrote:Rams currently 4 point underdogs.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/nfl-od ... ry-7-2023/

Basically the home field advantage. With so many players resting this is more like a preseason game.

by snackdaddy
6 months 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Chicago's been playing well. If they beat Green Bay we get the 6th seed win or lose. I suppose to the Rams it won't matter who they play in the wild card round. Both teams offer a tough matchup. Detroit's offense and passing game vs our defense and secondary sure looks like a mismatch. But if we can limit the big plays it might not be. And we can move the ball on their defense.

Dallas has a strong pass rush. Our offense tends to struggle against those kind of defenses. But if the line holds up, we can move the ball and put up points. Cleveland and Baltimore have good pass rushes and we put up 67 points against those two.

by ramsman34
6 months 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Plus against Dallas, Staff will be healthy as will the rest of the team. Will be a different game.

by actionjack
6 months 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   4087  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

From what I hear from whiner fan, beyond cmc and purdy the rest will play but likely only a few series.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2104  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Thinking about it, a few months ago lots of people thought the Rams could be in contention for a top draft pick. Remember how long the string of "Tanking for Celeb" went on? Now are in the playoffs so all is good. Go Rams

by ramsman34
5 months 4 weeks ago

actionjack wrote:From what I hear from whiner fan, beyond cmc and purdy the rest will play but likely only a few series.

It will still be very physical and very competitive. There are players getting reps on both teams who normally don’t. I actually expect it to get more intense once the main players come out.

I don’t care if it’s the trainers for each team out there. I want the Rams to smoke their ass.

by actionjack
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4087  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:It will still be very physical and very competitive. There are players getting reps on both teams who normally don’t. I actually expect it to get more intense once the main players come out.

I don’t care if it’s the trainers for each team out there. I want the Rams to smoke their ass.

Yeah will see, I think it will be less tense. I think the Rams success will be up to Wentz and Rivers. If they perform with good line play we have a shot, if not ill out turning it off in the second half.

by PARAM
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I want to see Evans, Allen and Tyler Johnson. And Wentz hasn't played in a year, so I'm really curious to see what happens there. Does he know the system fairly well? Will he stick to it or freelance as he's been known to do? But most of all, can he play 4 quarters? The guy has been injured A LOT.

Just get the win and stay healthy.

by ramsman34
5 months 4 weeks ago

Rewatching the week 2 game. It really turned on the defense giving up that late first half TD. The penalty on DK being the killer drive extender. But the coverage/rush prior and that entire drive were not good.

Then our first drive of the second half stalled out at mid field. Understand why MCV punted but analytics probably said to go for it there. Then D gets the 3 n out. We were as physical, if not more so in this game. Noteboom not K Dot at RG then Anchrum. The next drive a holding penalty on Hopkins set up the change in play calling and Staff gets the tip pick when K Will lost concentration. SF moves down the field Purdy missed a wide open TD to Deebo against DK but they get the 57yd FG. 17-20 with a minute and change left in the 3rd qtr. Note: Tutu played his ass off. Staff was off a bit on throws on the drive after the FG then takes the sack. 3 straight passes so MCV has some accountability on this. Remember, Anchrum at RG - and he’s the one who made the mistake on the sack. Then the niners pass game ate up the D on the next drive. Deebo on the bubble screen with his patented tackle breaking RAC for the TD. SF up 10; 17-27. The rush and coverage should be better, not so much about this Sunday, but if we get another shot at them in the playoffs. Tackling HAS to be better. We convert on 4th to keep the drive alive after the Deebo score. Benny Skow had a nice game. Expect him to this Sunday as well. Damn we have some receivers. Also, K Will should get more touches. He too had a nice game and is even better now. In this drive, Staff gets a shitty intentional grounding call when he was not really trying to avoid pressure or throw it away. Tutu ran the wrong route. That play destroyed the drive. Van Jeff with a bad drop on 3rd and 22. Then we get the Maher FG but not by much (he was perfect on the day but all short FGs). 20-27 with 7 mins left. We are really still playing them basically equal. Great defensive stand after our FG. Then Staff throws the pick. Game Killer right there. That, and giving up that late TD in the first half. On that pick, Van Jeff drifted at the top of the route which heavily attributed to the pick. He was traded a few weeks later and we have not missed him at all. The D holds them to 3 with a wicked zero blitz. But with only 3 mins left, the 10pt lead was too much to overcome. The ensuing drive we turn it over on downs when MCV calls a 4th down draw play. 2 turnovers, 2 FGs. D did its job there but the loss of possessions and again, that horrible TD with 1:45 left in the second really set us back. We played well, but are a much better team now. I don’t know if SF is all that much better. They have Chase Young and Sea Bass but no Funga at S. The late FG in this game was more psychological points for the young Rams.

Man I want this fuckin team again in the playoffs. And I want to pound the shit out of them Sunday. I know many call this a “meaningless” game. Not me. I want the Rams to impose their will and inflict hardcore physicality. Set tone, send a message and beat their ass, even without key players. That attitude and play intensity needs to permeate the entire roster.

I hate that fuckin team.

• 6 / 8
79 posts Jul 05 2024