15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by ramsman34
6 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8684  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I’m happy we won and disgusted by a number of the plays made/not made.

STs gave the G Men 9 points essentially. Offense was feast or famine. D made their usual gaffes and still sacked the QB 6 times.

I’ll take the dub. On to SF

by bremillard
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

PARAM wrote:Awesome story. That was all before that book about concussions was written right?

I'd bet I'm not the only fan happy WE WON. I am not happy HOW we won. But that's just me. I look at the big picture and try to keep a logical perspective. You go from "we're gonna suck" in July to expect them to win in the postseaon? Dude, I'm just glad they have a chance. It's all gravy, house money, ENJOYMENT now. Sure that performance vs a playoff team gets you to Cancun. A lot later than you thought they'd be there, right?

I don't understand how negative fans can allow themselves to expect ANYTHING good but what's even more confusing is how they react when the team plays the way they thought....even predicted.....they would back in the summer or even the first half of the season. Why? Another chance to complain?

Yes...that was 1972,73. No concussion protocol. Maybe an aspirin for excruciating headaches post concussion of which I know I had at least 2 of. We had 3 water bottles in practice and many of us drank rain water out of mud puddles. Yes I said they'd suck but I've seen them play well so I now hope for more. I'm not complaining. I'm discussing disappointment with people who may also feel disappointment with Ram's shortcomings. I know you cringed at least once before Matt's final kneel down. This game reminded me that success will likely be next year and beyond. Hey...we both love the same team but demonstrate disappointment a little differently. That's OK with me as there's a lot of California haters who love to see the failure of anything Socal so I see you as an ally...not a dick. Happy New Year Para. We'll argue more later!.

by ramsman34
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8684  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Sooo, disappointed in the method and execution but happy with the results??

Hey I was pissed at number of stupid mistakes. But, when that Crosby kick was short and left, I was elated.

PA said it elsewhere, and MCV has said it since he’s been here. Each game is its own entity. Sure there are some consistent themes: inconsistent pressure, untimely mistakes in coverage - especially on deep balls, kicking game horrendous and punt coverage generally terrible. Stafford with some ill advised throws and untimely interceptions. Unless all of those happen in the same game, and more than once, this team can run with anyone and beat anyone.

Next week sets up to be just weird. Will MCV play Puka to get the record, will he play any starters. Will he treat it like a regular game. Will he have mostly subs in O and mostly starters in D. Will we sign a kicker this week. Will Chase Blackburn get fired this week.

If we stay locked in as the 6 seed, how will Stafford handle playing a playoff game in Detroit against the Lions? And how will Goff handle playing against MCV/the Rams and the Rams D - you KNOW AD will be hunting him down and how important it will be to the vets to have this team ready to go.
A lot of variables between now and super wild card weekend.

by PARAM
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:If we stay locked in as the 6 seed, how will Stafford handle playing a playoff game in Detroit against the Lions? And how will Goff handle playing against MCV/the Rams and the Rams D -

and....will a Lions/Rams Wild Card Game be the one on Monday night?

by bremillard
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Regarding a Rams/Lions matchup. Detroit does some of the things the Rams do on the negative side of things. They win games but really don't seem solid in most of those wins. It would be a home game for Detroit and their fans are ravenous so that will likely be a slight advantage. All in all a pretty good matchup for the Rams. It could be a winnable game.

• 2 / 2
15 posts Jul 08 2024