18 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by UtahRam
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

The game was a mess. Their attempt of that 2 point conversion was the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time...lol I had to take a nap after that game. And I have a ton of shit to get done!

by snackdaddy
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:When I interview prospects for a job, I always ask them if they are lucky.

My reply would be "If I get the job I'll be lucky." 8-)

by snackdaddy
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

UtahRam wrote:The game was a mess. Their attempt of that 2 point conversion was the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time...lol I had to take a nap after that game. And I have a ton of shit to get done!

Lol, I thought it was over when they lined up for it. Then saw how open Barkley was. Then saw the pass and couldn't believe our luck.

by RedAlice
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:My reply would be "If I get the job I'll be lucky." 8-)

Good one! :lol2:

by WaddyWasWideOpen
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   156  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I think it will end up with LA as the 7 and GB as the 6, and GB wins next week. Most likely that means LA goes to Dal. And if LA gets the upset, then its off to SF.

by bremillard
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

BobCarl wrote:That word makes me smile. But I have a different take on it than a lot of people do.

When I interview prospects for a job, I always ask them if they are lucky.

Why do I ask that?

If they say, that they are not lucky and bad things often happen to them. Then I know they are not right for the job. They expect failure.

If they say that they don't believe in luck, that they succeed on their own merits, then I won't hire such self assuming people as they are unlikely to be true team players anyway.

Randomness happens ... it happens often ... are you ready for it?

A lucky person is ready to pounce on a football on the ground, or grab a batted pass out of the air because he knows eventually it is bound to happen, and he is ready to snatch the opportunity when it does. A lucky person gets the interceptions, the fumbles, etc... the ball "bounces" their way. They expect it to, and they are ready to sieze the opportunity when it presents itself.

An unlucky person won't even wait for it, they will certainly miss their opportunity to succeed, eventual randomness (luck) will pass them by.

be lucky ... and ... Carpe Diem

I'm OK with all of that but when you need one first down to ice the game that you had 3 turnovers in and gave up so many sacks the QB starts to wince, and you go backwards on the series that could have iced it. Then you need a missed field goal that most professional kickers make more often than miss to win and there it is. I'm not saying the Rams aren't achieving higher than most of us predicted because clearly they have. I'm not saying the team is lousy and needs luck to win against almost any team. I'm saying that they needed luck to win yesterday in a very big game for their season.

by ramsman34
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8684  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

They needed luck to find a way to beat SF, Pittsburgh, and Cincy - and they didn’t get any. Any one of those games changes and it’s makes the Giants game not so big. But ya, it was an extremely lucky win. I would guess our chances for winning when they lined up for the FG were less than 10%. Whatever, we get the luck, we got the win, we got AT LEAST one playoff game.

Maybe our luck continues????

by PARAM
6 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:They needed luck to find a way to beat SF, Pittsburgh, and Cincy - and they didn’t get any. Any one of those games changes and it’s makes the Giants game not so big. But ya, it was an extremely lucky win. I would guess our chances for winning when they lined up for the FG were less than 10%. Whatever, we get the luck, we got the win, we got AT LEAST one playoff game.

Maybe our luck continues????

We scored 4 TDa!! Luck would have been we needed a DPI not to be called, a FG to tie it and a 57 yd FG in OT to win it!!! 8-)

• 2 / 2
18 posts Jul 08 2024