17 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by BrooklynRam74
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   237  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

We could be "that" team. As it stands now, we could be a real threat to the current 3 or 4 seeds, Detroit and whomever. We could knock them off Head to Head. Philly or SF probably wouldn't sweat us, but you tell me, would you want to face champion players like Donald, Stafford, Kupp, and top Leaguewide players Nacua and Kyren in a win or go home game??? We ARE the pesky team no one wants to see.

Besides all that, we will be back to FULL high NFC Playoff contention 2024 and beyond.

by PARAM
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I'm just glad we're "in the hunt". If we get there, fine. Then I'll be hoping McVay can scheme a win for us. My biggest concern for this year was development of the youngsters. And nothing is more of a catalyst than the postseason or being in the hunt for a postseason berth.

by BrooklynRam74
7 months 1 week ago
Rookie

PARAM wrote:I'm just glad we're "in the hunt". If we get there, fine. Then I'll be hoping McVay can scheme a win for us. My biggest concern for this year was development of the youngsters. And nothing is more of a catalyst than the postseason or being in the hunt for a postseason berth.

Steve Avila, Kobie Turner, Byron Young and Puka Nacua are Elite "finds" from last Draft. Throw in Ethan Evans as well. All credit to Les Snead and/or Sean McVay for this. We are firmly in the Playoff Hunt as of this writing. We also possess the recent elusive Super Bowl Ring that high NFC Contenders Philadelphia and San Francisco WANT badly.

by Will0120
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

While I would love for us to in TRUE playoff contention this season, I think the realistic expectation is that we are just not consistent enough to get there this season. I am happy with all the developments of the youngsters thus far so I think it's mostly a "mission accomplished" this season goal wise, thus far.

Playoff would be gravy but I wouldn't hold it against the coaching staff otherwise.

Go Rams! :)

by BrooklynRam74
7 months 1 week ago
Rookie

Will0120 wrote:
While I would love for us to in TRUE playoff contention this season, I think the realistic expectation is that we are just not consistent enough to get there this season. I am happy with all the developments of the youngsters thus far so I think it's mostly a "mission accomplished" this season goal wise, thus far.

Playoff would be gravy but I wouldn't hold it against the coaching staff otherwise.

Go Rams! :)

Let me be clear. Not holding it against anybody if we miss Playoffs either.

That said, we can, and SHOULD make this years Playoffs. Seattle very catchable.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2104  
Pro Bowl

Will, that is a pretty good assessment, I think. In several ways the 2023 team has exceeded expectations. Silly talk of chasing the #1 pick has ended. We, as fans, have at least a semi-reasonable expectation of a Rams win pretty much every week.

PS, Your picture looks a lot like Donald Sutherland's kid.

by AltiTude Ram
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2203  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

No doubt there’s work to be done still to just make the playoffs. I like the way the Rams are playing, especially the last game. Firing on all cylinders.

If they get that work done to make the playoffs, I think every team takes notice. Any given Sunday. The Rams would be a tough out for any team, when healthy and playing the way they are currently!

by ramsww
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   480  
Starter

PARAM wrote:I'm just glad we're "in the hunt". If we get there, fine. Then I'll be hoping McVay can scheme a win for us. My biggest concern for this year was development of the youngsters. And nothing is more of a catalyst than the postseason or being in the hunt for a postseason berth.

I give you all the credit in foreseeing the Rams staying the course but I’m left to wonder where we might be had we signed the Edge, Oline, or OLB talent that was there to be had. We passed on FAs to develop the D which is coming around now with JJ III, Witherspoon, Turner and yes, Reeder Kendrick, and Hoecht who’ve made key contributions. With an Edge to bookend Young it isn’t a stretch to say we’d have beaten SF & Cincy and be 7-4 and in control of a wild card spot. Still it’s great to see Williams, Nacua, and Tu Tu develop and our Oline and D becoming dominant. 2024 looks good!

by Will0120
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:PS, Your picture looks a lot like Donald Sutherland's kid.

That would be because it is! 8-) It's a screenshot of him as Jack Bauer in the TV Series "24".

Damn it! - Jack Bauer :lol2:

by PARAM
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

BrooklynRam74 wrote:Let me be clear. Not holding it against anybody if we miss Playoffs either.

That said, we can, and SHOULD make this years Playoffs. Seattle very catchable.

It took this team until weeks 11 and 12 to win back to back games. They've scored more than 20 five times and not in back to back weeks since weeks 1 and 2. I get the fact with the NFC South probably having a .500 or sub .500 division champ, Seattle crashing, Green Bay and Minnesota not much more consistent than the Rams and the Giants and Washington sucking, the Rams have a huge opportunity to "sneak in".

They should be fighting for one of the three Wild Card spots. Having said that, if they suddenly find consistency, then yeah, they should make it. I think they may have learned something crucial last game.....they scored 37 points and Cooper Kupp only had 3 receptions for 18 yards. And that doesn't mean target him 15 times and we'll score 45. Use every tool in the toolbox, not just 1 (or 2).

• 1 / 2
17 posts Jul 08 2024