United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Nah nah that’s what I meant to say.

by Zen_Ronin
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2054  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

As long as we're throwing out our wish lists for a drafted QB, if the pick was mine I really like Michael Penix Jr. He may not scramble as well as the others (but he's not exactly bad at it either) and I think he has the best arm in the draft. Plus the dude is just built solid.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... l-penix-jr

by ramman2999
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   572  
Veteran

I like Phenix. I think the big point is regardless. With that pick. We need to draft a Quarterback.

Even if it’s Beck outa Georgia. We need a Quarterback for our rebuild. We all can agree on here that it’s the most important position in Football.

Stafford has two seasons max. He ain’t pulling a Brady. And he’s our guy. And he’s my guy. That super bowl run was awesome. But we have to plan how this next team will look.

We drafted the lineman home run.

We drafted the receiver home run.

Now it’s time to get our Quarterback.

With Nacua Kupp we have that set.

I would be intrigued and like Brock Bowers cause like Kelce Kincaid I think he’s a hybrid receiver and with Nacua we would destroy teams. We’d have our Kittle.

So I could draft him and get a Laulolue in a later round. or even a Bo Nix.

But my pick would be Jayden Daniels.

Just when you look at the tools where the NFL is full package. Quarterback that can move around in the pocket mobile accuracy. Great arm. Elite arm talent. With Mcvay possibilities are endless. And the playbook would be expanded.

With Nacua. This guy would be able to manipulate the pocket.

Caleb is great. But that size 6-1 he has the frame 220.

But I like Jayden’s height “6-4” pro system at LSU under Brian Kelley.

Drake Maye off the board Caleb Williams off the board.

It will come down to Daniels and Bowers.

by actionjack
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4087  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:I like your logic.

Here's the following schedule...

Week 11 vs Seattle Seahawks
Week 12 at Arizona Cardinals
Week 13 vs Cleveland Browns
Week 14 at Baltimore Ravens
Week 15 vs Washington Commanders
Week 16 vs New Orleans Saints
Week 17 at New York Giants
Week 18 at San Francisco 49ers

my guess: Weeks 11,14, & 18 Rams win 1 out of 3
Weeks 12,13,15,16,17 Rams win 4 of 5

Maybe the team will have some good luck and only lose 1

I'm not gonna call it a season until they are officially eliminated.

IMO the Rams best case is 2 losses and finishing 9-8, I think that makes the playoffs btw.
However, I dont see the Rams going 6-2, I think it will be more like 4-4. A win against Seattle would be a great start.

by actionjack
7 months 2 weeks ago
Superstar

Zen_Ronin wrote:As long as we're throwing out our wish lists for a drafted QB, if the pick was mine I really like Michael Penix Jr. He may not scramble as well as the others (but he's not exactly bad at it either) and I think he has the best arm in the draft. Plus the dude is just built solid.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... l-penix-jr

I plan of watching more of the QB's not named Maye or Williams. I do think it todays NFL you need to be a decent threat with you feet, the days of o-lines protecting a pocket QB are over.

by PARAM
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:IMO the Rams best case is 2 losses and finishing 9-8, I think that makes the playoffs btw.
However, I dont see the Rams going 6-2, I think it will be more like 4-4. A win against Seattle would be a great start.

Teams expected to beat the Rams:

Seattle, Baltimore, San Francisco and Cleveland

Teams we might expect the Rams to beat:

Arizona, New Orleans, NY Giants and Washington.

I could see them losing to Washington or New Orleans. I could see them beating Seattle or Cleveland. You just never know. Earlier this season Ramsnation felt as long as they played good offensively, they could play with anybody. We need Kyren back and Stafford to be Stafford. It wouldn't hurt to have somebody join Young in getting pressure.

We'll see soon enough.

by actionjack
7 months 2 weeks ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:Teams expected to beat the Rams:

Seattle, Baltimore, San Francisco and Cleveland

Teams we might expect the Rams to beat:

Arizona, New Orleans, NY Giants and Washington.

I could see them losing to Washington or New Orleans. I could see them beating Seattle or Cleveland. You just never know. Earlier this season Ramsnation felt as long as they played good offensively, they could play with anybody. We need Kyren back and Stafford to be Stafford. It wouldn't hurt to have somebody join Young in getting pressure.

We'll see soon enough.

So pretty much what I said i expect to see 4-4, def could be better or much worse

by PARAM
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Deshawn Watson done for the year. Does that put Cleveland in the "possible Rams win" catagory? 3-6 + 5-3 is still only 8-9. But a win over Seattle (in the "possible loss" catagory) could change that.

From ESPN:

"Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson will not play again in 2023 after an MRI showed he needs to undergo shoulder surgery, the team announced Wednesday.

Watson underwent testing after he was injured during Sunday's win over the Baltimore Ravens. Along with a displaced fracture in his right shoulder, Watson also was diagnosed with a left high ankle sprain.

The Browns said Watson is expected to recover fully for the 2024 season.

After joining the Browns via trade and signing a record-breaking guaranteed deal in March 2022, Watson will have played in just 12 games over two seasons due to his suspension to start the 2022 season and multiple injuries this year."

On another note, the return on that guaranteed money, not looking so good, is it? 12 games in 2 seasons? Whew!!!

by BrooklynRam74
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   237  
Rookie

ramman2999 wrote:I like Phenix. I think the big point is regardless. With that pick. We need to draft a Quarterback.

Even if it’s Beck outa Georgia. We need a Quarterback for our rebuild. We all can agree on here that it’s the most important position in Football.

Stafford has two seasons max. He ain’t pulling a Brady. And he’s our guy. And he’s my guy. That super bowl run was awesome. But we have to plan how this next team will look.

We drafted the lineman home run.

We drafted the receiver home run.

Now it’s time to get our Quarterback.

With Nacua Kupp we have that set.

I would be intrigued and like Brock Bowers cause like Kelce Kincaid I think he’s a hybrid receiver and with Nacua we would destroy teams. We’d have our Kittle.

So I could draft him and get a Laulolue in a later round. or even a Bo Nix.

But my pick would be Jayden Daniels.

Just when you look at the tools where the NFL is full package. Quarterback that can move around in the pocket mobile accuracy. Great arm. Elite arm talent. With Mcvay possibilities are endless. And the playbook would be expanded.

With Nacua. This guy would be able to manipulate the pocket.

Caleb is great. But that size 6-1 he has the frame 220.

But I like Jayden’s height “6-4” pro system at LSU under Brian Kelley.

Drake Maye off the board Caleb Williams off the board.

It will come down to Daniels and Bowers.

The more I see this DEEEEEP Quarterback Class the more I feel Rams should take their QB of the future THIS coming Draft. I know we still like Stafford and the cap ramifications are onerous but we could really miss out if we dont grab a Daniels, Penix or Nix mid 1st Round.

by snackdaddy
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

As far as this year I think the ceiling over the next 8 games is 4-4. Could be worse. Depends on how much the defense regresses. They were regressing before the bye. Below average offenses in Pittsburg and Green Bay abused our defense in the second half. Will they improve or will the lack of talent catch up to them?

I'm one who would rather use the premium pick on a left tackle. A cornerstone left tackle you can plug there and not worry about it the next ten years would go a long way to building a good offense for whoever is their quarterback of the future. The offensive line needs to be upgraded or they won't be as competitive next year as we think.

• 5 / 17
166 posts Jul 05 2024