39 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by Elvis
8 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

JackPMiller wrote:If the Rams traded Aaron Donald, the Rams would save $13 Million. The Rams could get more cap relief, that's if I read it right. I can see the Rams getting a possible 1st round pick and other picks for AD.

The trade deadline has passed. Donald has a no trade clause and according to spotrac carries a $60 million dead cap number for 2023...

by Zen_Ronin
8 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   2054  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Donald would only play for one other team in the league, which frankly lessens how much we could/would get for him. He's flat out said it. Ram or Steelers, that's it. Also, as mentioned multiple times, he has to give his blessing on any move.

AD retires a Ram imo, and I'm more than happy about him going down as perhaps the greatest Ram of all time, playing his entire career with us. If he wants to play one or two years for the Steelers the decision is 100% his to make. But it just wouldn't sit right with me.

by azramsfan93
8 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   1495  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

His salary this year is $13.5M. We would save about half of that - a little less. All future guaranteed salary would pass to the team that traded for him.

There is this little problem with the prorated signing/restructuring bonuses. That is over $30M in already paid bonuses that would accelerate into this year. We have just over $7M in cap space. We would have to cut about $18M in THIS YEAR salary to make it fit. He can’t be traded without blowing up the whole team.

Don’t even think about Stafford. His dead cap is over $100M.

JackPMiller wrote:If the Rams traded Aaron Donald, the Rams would save $13 Million. The Rams could get more cap relief, that's if I read it right. I can see the Rams getting a possible 1st round pick and other picks for AD.

by JackPMiller
8 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:The trade deadline has passed. Donald has a no trade clause and according to spotrac carries a $60 million dead cap number for 2023...

I was talking at around the NFL Draft, that we would trade AD.

by Elvis
8 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

JackPMiller wrote:I was talking at around the NFL Draft, that we would trade AD.

Next year's draft? AD's dead cap for 2024 would be $33.5 mil...

by PARAM
8 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:I was talking at around the NFL Draft, that we would trade AD.

Why must we trade Donald? He's getting old and not as good as his dominant self?

So what? He's better at that level than 95% of NFL players (or more). And he'll always have the ability to make a play, when it's needed most.

GMs spend careers trying to find and draft a guy like AD and no amount of draft picks is equal compensation. Why do fans insist on formulating ridiculous scenarios where a dumb move like that is passed off as smart.

by 69RamFan
8 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   3238  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Next year's draft? AD's dead cap for 2024 would be $33.5 mil...

JPM seems to like throwing spaghetti up against the freg wall to see if it sticks,

while never reading the recipe to make the sauce!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by /zn/
8 months 1 hour ago
 Total posts:   6808  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:JPM seems to like throwing spaghetti up against the freg wall to see if it sticks,

while never reading the recipe to make the sauce!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

JPM just thinks the Rams are dead for years without more draft picks.

He thinks the team is in a must rebuild situation.

IMO that means he's panicking and not seeing this season for what it is.

by BrooklynRam74
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   237  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

In my mind we can still catch Seattle. If we lose the Seattle game we should start looking at getting the best possible Draft pick.

• 4 / 4
39 posts Jul 05 2024