165 posts
  • 13 / 17
 by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Week Three Impressions:

Transpo - We did the IPark&Go from the El Segundo location. Rode our e-bikes over, locked them up, and immediately boarded the bus. 100% hassle free and it was cheap at $15 for the two of us. It was easier than riding the Expo line to/from the Coliseum.

Easy-peasy exit and boarding after the game as well. They allow the buses to go down Arbor Vitae so as to avoid the congestion on Prairie. We were back to the garage in 25 minutes. Highly recommend!

Stadium Experience - We had ZERO issues. They appear to have their staffing situation under control, there were no long lines for anything, and everything seemed to be very efficient. Even the restrooms were painless.

Can't speak to the food because we only had a bag of chips this game. As mentioned before, though, I had a chicken tinga burrito at the season opener and it was just fine, especially for stadium food.

Overall, I'd give the day an A+. I no longer have any apprehensions about attending games. Especially when we win. :lol2:

by Hacksaw
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

1st game. That place is HUGE and absolutely stunning. 1st class.

by LARams_1963
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

We refined our rideshare experience. Hired a private car that we split between 2 couples @ $125 each, which is exactly how much I got for selling my pink lot pass for the game. got to the stadium 2 hr's before kickoff. absolutely ZERO traffic sneaking in from Manchester down Kareem. At the end of the game our guy was waiting at the same spot on Kareem. We were out of the stadium complex in less than 5 minutes. What a seemless, stressless experience! Pretty sure we'll be doing the same for our remaining couple of games!

Was great meeting up with the gang, minus Red :( . Sorry Red, we missed you!

by Mr. Sparkle
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   953  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I got out late and was able to be at the gate 1hour and 15 minutes after leaving my home. Shuttle from the train was only 15 minutes and that was an hour out to kickoff. It feels things are slowly getting figured out and think that will continue for the next year.

I was with my 9 year old son and he would not leave until the clock struck zero. That was fine but the line for the shuttle to the train as a bit long and I didnt see any shuttles. He actually said he wanted to walk. I timed it and it took 35 minutes from the entrance to the shuttle lines to the train station. That was with my 9 year old so if I was on my own or the Mrs. I am sure we could do it in 25 minutes comfortably.

Shuttle ride leaving the game has been 20-35 minutes so far when I took it so it is looking like walking is probably the way to go unless there is a shuttle waiting for you and no line. The walk was safe. Not like South Central near the Coliseum. I took Century to Hawthorn which are both very busy streets so I was never concerned. Quite a few people doing the same thing. Night games would be a bit more concerning but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

by Mr. Sparkle
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   953  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, and I'll bring it up to my rep, is the radio was not on during the game in the restrooms this time. I actually really appreciate that so you can follow along in there. And when it was on last time it was very quiet.

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

I noticed it on in our restroom but, yes, it was low volume.

by Elvis
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

My only, and it's minor, pet peeve at the moment is i like watching the other games before we kick off, one of the reason i like coming early, i can hang out and watch games.

But about an hour before kickoff they start with the pregame on the board. This week they showed the RedZone on part of the screen which was great but took it down maybe 30 minutes out.

I know there are a lot of competing interests but c'mon, you invited us to come early for the sportsbar vibe, don't turn the games off as they're coming to an end...

by ziggy
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   597  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Especially since the Infinite screen is huge and can clearly be broken up into many, many screens as necessary. I missed the other scores too when they took it down.

by Buck415
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   20  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I was shocked at how well traffic flowed into and then later out of the Pink Lot. Arrived on SoFi property about 9:15 and was in line for about 5 minutes before entering the parking lot. Then, after the game, we were out of the lot and onto Century within a few minutes. Century west bound was stop and go until past Prairie and then it opened up and flowed normally.

One weird thing is that both my wife's and my AT&T cell phones lost service (LTE) in the pink lot an hour or two before game time. A friend's AT&T with 5G still had service. Maybe time to upgrade?

SoFi's sound system was much better this week. The crowd was certainly rockin. The Bucs knew they whose house it is. (The sound on Fox made me think they might be in the market for some new mics before Sunday's game. They certainly didn't need to mix in crowd - they already had more than they wanted.)

I liked the on screen "Cedars-Sinai" injury reports. Restrooms had attendants cleaning and restocking before and during the game. The Rams are certainly kickin it both on the field and in the stadium. I certainly love the Occulus (or whatever its correct name is now).

(Since we'd been tailgating we didn't buy any food so I can't speak to that but what I saw didn't look too great.)

• 13 / 17
165 posts Jul 05 2024