24 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

What’s the Uber/Lyft situation like in LA? I just got back from Chicago and it’s a disaster. Rates have doubled or tripled (or more) and wait times have done the same. But they had a series of crimes on rideshare and taxi drivers so nobody is driving for money up there.

Plus the Cubs are being jerks so they created a 5 block zone around Wrigley where rideshares cant pick up or drop off on game days. The approved zone is 5+ blocks away, and only on the north side.

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

It's going to get better.

"It can't get no worse." John Lennon

by LARams_1963
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:What’s the Uber/Lyft situation like in LA? I just got back from Chicago and it’s a disaster. Rates have doubled or tripled (or more) and wait times have done the same. But they had a series of crimes on rideshare and taxi drivers so nobody is driving for money up there.

Plus the Cubs are being jerks so they created a 5 block zone around Wrigley where rideshares cant pick up or drop off on game days. The approved zone is 5+ blocks away, and only on the north side.
I've heard getting out of the games is a nightmare. I did read however that if you walk out to the City streets you can get one. Problem for the last year plus, and I'm guessing it's everywhere, is that a lot of drivers are collecting unemployment. So drivers are limited.

by LARams_1963
2 years 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

UPDATE......

Like I mentioned I sent my letter to my Rams rep. He just called me back to address the issues. He was really personable and seemed to really care about our constructive comments. First off he was shocked to hear about the overflow situation and the pink lot being "Full". Before I even said a word he told me he was going to refund the $90 cost of that pass. I also asked him why they chose to put the tailgating lot as far away as they did. He stated that the rows in that lot are larger to accommodate canopies and tailgating gear. I can attest to that seeing the size of the rows in the overflow lot, they were much narrower. He said that Pink lot section provided the largest footprint for the larger rows and the most vehicles. As far as the walking distance he said he's going to the stadium in the next couple days and was going to make the walk from the pink lot to our section to get a feel for where we're coming from. They are also trying to work with the Police/CHP about the flow outside the stadium and alluded to the fact that the flow is not working as it should. So HOPEFULLY that will get resolved before the Bears game.

Concessions - He said part of the issue was as we expected. They're short staffed. He said they actually borrowed some of the concession folks from the Angels. He also said they are getting a lot of negative feedback about the food quality and he's seen the pictures on social media. So hopefully it will be fixed. Beer, again he's going to look around our section and find the closest place to get what we're looking for.

He asked for any other issues and I mentioned that in our quadrant of the Infinity board we never see any game stats. That was something at the Coliseum I was always looking at. We can kind of see it on the board all the way down at the other end zone but it would be nice to occasionally see it on our end. He said he was sure to bring it up at the next meeting they had.

Overall I was really pleased that He/The Rams made the effort the day after my email to address our concerns.

by Mr. Sparkle
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   953  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Sorry you had a tough first couple times. I really do feel that they are trying to make it better though and care about the fans. That is at least the way I feel. They are completely ripping out all the wire walls and replacing with glass as well as tore down all those seating flags on the 400 level as people were complaining it was blocking their views. This was not a cheap thing to do.
The narrative that they had an extra 2 years to figure it out. Those two years they didnt have any fans. All of it was theoretical. I have completely assumed the first entire season was going to be rough. Then they are going to make some changes for next year and it gets messy again. After a couple seasons things will be figured out by both the stadium and the fans. Not saying it is right but not sure how else to do it other than trial and error.
Also, the Crenshaw line is going to open next year and that will change quite a bit again. Then the People mover built but City will be built and things will change again. And add all the development on site that is going on and things are going to be in flux for a while.
In the meantime, I would say keep letting our reps know, keep doing surveys, and try to enjoy in the meantime!

by Buck415
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   20  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

We got in line for the pink lot at 3:10 and were parked by 4:00 at the south and west side of the Pink lot. Scanning the ticket was not the hold up. It was just the winding through the lot slowly in the fire lane between rows of tailgaters who had already set up. Pedestrians were a couple feet on either side of the entering car. It was too crowded to go fast. The longest time in five years on the south lawn at the Coliseum was maybe 5 minutes. 50 minutes is ten times longer.

About the lot being full... I saw tailgating neighbors completely ignore the 9x24 size space listed by the Rams. They spread out over 4 spaces instead of just 1. That way of filling a lot is one I never imagined. (Being "correct", I again brought a small car and even purchased a 9'x9' EZup so that all would fit in the 9'x24' space. I didn't see any other EZups sized like mine. Instead they were mostly the common 10'x10' or some even 12'x12'.)

Tailgated until 6. Folded up the chairs and EZup and started the half mile walk to the stadium at 6:15. I'm elderly and not in good shape but we were in line at entrance 9 by 6:30. Ten minutes later we were inside and trying to figure out the easiest way to get to Level 8. (go down to level 4 then catch two "up" escalators or walk up the stairs or ramps to level 6 and then catch just the second escalator?) No wait at the restroom before going to our seats. (however the restroom lines at halftime were unbelievably long!)

During the game the crowd around us was Covid scary. At most maybe 1/4 of them followed the mandatory mask requirement. And it was crowded. For some reason short of good thinking the Rams kept putting pictures of unmasked people in the crowd up on the video screen. If the County Public Health people saw what it was actually like at SoFi I would suspect we may have to show vaccine cards for the future games like Las Vegas.

We simply did not feel Covid safe so we left at halftime. So did others. The view of the South Bay from Level 8 was awesome. The only challenge of getting out of the parking lot at half time was avoiding the crews cleaning the lot and dealing with trash that "special" tailgaters were too lazy/rude/crude to deposit into the provided dumpsters.

I have to be out of town for the next (Bears) home game. After that I'll probably be emboldened with a fresh covid booster shot and will be less hyper-sensitive about Covid than I am right now.

Everyone I've taken to SoFi has been blown away.

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Vax proof or negative test proof is forthcoming starting Sept 20th. It ain't perfect but about the best that can be done on the COVID front.

by 47 Gap
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   143  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Vax proof or negative test proof is forthcoming starting Sept 20th. It ain't perfect but about the best that can be done on the COVID front.

If they enforce it.

by LARams_1963
2 years 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

Buck415 wrote:We got in line for the pink lot at 3:10 and were parked by 4:00 at the south and west side of the Pink lot. Scanning the ticket was not the hold up. It was just the winding through the lot slowly in the fire lane between rows of tailgaters who had already set up. Pedestrians were a couple feet on either side of the entering car. It was too crowded to go fast. The longest time in five years on the south lawn at the Coliseum was maybe 5 minutes. 50 minutes is ten times longer.

About the lot being full... I saw tailgating neighbors completely ignore the 9x24 size space listed by the Rams. They spread out over 4 spaces instead of just 1. That way of filling a lot is one I never imagined. (Being "correct", I again brought a small car and even purchased a 9'x9' EZup so that all would fit in the 9'x24' space. I didn't see any other EZups sized like mine. Instead they were mostly the common 10'x10' or some even 12'x12'.)

Tailgated until 6. Folded up the chairs and EZup and started the half mile walk to the stadium at 6:15. I'm elderly and not in good shape but we were in line at entrance 9 by 6:30. Ten minutes later we were inside and trying to figure out the easiest way to get to Level 8. (go down to level 4 then catch two "up" escalators or walk up the stairs or ramps to level 6 and then catch just the second escalator?) No wait at the restroom before going to our seats. (however the restroom lines at halftime were unbelievably long!)

During the game the crowd around us was Covid scary. At most maybe 1/4 of them followed the mandatory mask requirement. And it was crowded. For some reason short of good thinking the Rams kept putting pictures of unmasked people in the crowd up on the video screen. If the County Public Health people saw what it was actually like at SoFi I would suspect we may have to show vaccine cards for the future games like Las Vegas.

We simply did not feel Covid safe so we left at halftime. So did others. The view of the South Bay from Level 8 was awesome. The only challenge of getting out of the parking lot at half time was avoiding the crews cleaning the lot and dealing with trash that "special" tailgaters were too lazy/rude/crude to deposit into the provided dumpsters.

I have to be out of town for the next (Bears) home game. After that I'll probably be emboldened with a fresh covid booster shot and will be less hyper-sensitive about Covid than I am right now.

Everyone I've taken to SoFi has been blown away.
I would really like to know your driving route into the Pink lot! Seriously! We went by the flow map and got on Century in the far right lane at Crenshaw. That was about 5 minutes or so after you and we didn't get in the lot till about 5:50pm. If you don't want to post your route here, please PM me :) Thanks!

• 2 / 3
24 posts Jul 05 2024