96 posts
  • 9 / 10
 by LARams_1963
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:Are there any spots better than others? At Arrowhead in KC the most desired spots are further away from the stadium but have a grass median in front of the spot. Those are the ones the hardcores line up for at 6am (for a noon start) and rush for.
We will see if things change. Last game they allowed you to pretty much to park where you want. Choosing a spot next to a white blocked in spot seemed to net folks a full extra space to tailgate. I think that might change over time. At the coliseum the first game was similar, then they cracked down and wouldn't allow anything. They packed you in like sardines in the spot they dictated. I will try to park as close to the stadium as possible to minimize the walk.

by Ramifornia510
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   Oakland, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

Did anybody use the iPark & Go parking and shuttle?

by Buck415
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   20  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Unlike past years tailgating on the South Lawn with our pickup truck with a 10x10' EZup, this year we took a small Soob with a brand new 9'x9' Rams EZup so we just fit in the 9' wide parking spot. The EZup went right to the red line marking the fire lane. We were in good shape.

The tailgaters generally used the provided dumpsters which kept the lot massively cleaner than the past years on the South Lawn. The porta potties were more conveniently located than on the South Lawn. They did get a workout before everyone started the half mile walk to their seats.

After the game, on leaving the Pink lot, the unimpeded flow of pedestrians continuously blocked the exit driveway preventing cars from leaving the lot. (Some bozos even decided to walk on the road between the cones IN the traffic lanes.) We went west on Century. Traffic was heavy until we got past Prairie but then picked up with every passing block. (After the game both directions of Prairie were blocked off south of Century.) We were moving nicely by the time we passed Hawthorne.

by ziggy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   597  
Veteran

Ride your bikes! They are welcomed.

I’m too lazy to do it myself, but excited to have others try!

That weird box gadget is some kinda of bike locker with a QR code. Not sure how to work it or how much it cost.
Attachments
AB20CD92-6F4B-4339-A07C-CC5A734AD8A9.jpeg
In the blue lot, right by the gate 7 and 8
D6483B24-C12B-413A-BD28-746D8DDE20F7.jpeg

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

I rode over Friday to scope out the rack situation. My E-bike won't fit in those boxes, unfortunately, but there were plenty of racks in the lots.

by RedAlice
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

What kind of a bike fits in that box?

by ziggy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   597  
Veteran

It’s a big box, surprised some bikes don’t fit. I’m sure you’ll need to remove 1 tire cause it is a bit short.

Btw, if you have a large moped scooter thing— you do need a regular parking pass for motorcycles. So that does not pass for a bike. Even if it’s legally a bike.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

A couple of the MLS stadiums push the bike riding to games. The Minnesota team is one example.

Or the Cubs have these issues with Chicago’s poorly run bike share program.

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

ziggy wrote:It’s a big box, surprised some bikes don’t fit. I’m sure you’ll need to remove 1 tire cause it is a bit short.

Btw, if you have a large moped scooter thing— you do need a regular parking pass for motorcycles. So that does not pass for a bike. Even if it’s legally a bike.

Mine will pass. It's a RadRover and utilizes pedal assist. It's just really tall and i don't even know if it would fit with the front wheel off. With my heavy duty Kryptonite and cable, mixed with a ton of people around, I'm willing to risk it and lock it up on a rack.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

• 9 / 10
96 posts Jul 05 2024