10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Elvis
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We hope this email finds you and your family safe and healthy.

Like you, we have dreamed for the past few years about the home opener at SoFi Stadium and we have looked forward to seeing all your smiling faces upon entering the stadium for the first time. As the stadium nears completion, we are faced with the reality that the fight against COVID-19 continues. We are committed to following guidance from state and local authorities, as well as the NFL, to ensure a safe environment for our players, staff and fans.

Today, the NFL League Office announced they will enforce various health and safety measures that will impact gamedays. One of those protocols is that for the 2020 season, up to the first eight rows of the lower level cannot be used to ensure player safety. For those of you in these seats, we will follow-up in the coming weeks to discuss potential alternatives just for this season. We anticipate additional protocols will be put in place, not only by the NFL, but also by government agencies so we will be sure to keep you all updated as we learn new information.

While we continue to plan to play Rams games at SoFi Stadium this season, the likelihood of being allowed to play in front of a sold-out crowd of cheering fans seems low at this point in time. We are contingency planning around a number of different capacity scenarios in the event that all Season Ticket Members will not be able to attend all home games in their seats. We are trying to understand what those different seating configurations could look like and will reach out with an update in the coming weeks.

In addition, there is the possibility that the NFL will reduce the number of preseason games played this year and our preseason home schedule will change. As soon as we have more information on the impact to our Season Ticket Members, we will share details with you.

Your support has helped make SoFi Stadium a reality and we will continue to update you as we get information as it relates to fan attendance at our games. If you prefer to skip the 2020 season you can easily do so by clicking here or the button below. You would retain your same seat location(s) and price for the 2021 season as well as various Season Ticket Member benefits. Any amounts paid to date will be automatically applied to the 2021 season unless you prefer to receive a refund. Your SSL commitment will remain. Benefits you will continue to receive during the 2020 season include invitations to Season Ticket Member virtual experiences, a discount on RamsFanShop.com, free mobile RedZone and Game Pass as well as access to your Member Services Representative.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a Member Services Representative by emailing info@rams.nfl.com or call 818-338-0011 and select option 2. We apologize in advance if we are delayed in responding.

While 2020 has not been what any of us expected and uncertainty remains, we look forward to a brighter 2021 with all of us together at SoFi Stadium. We wish you all the best and we will be in touch soon with further information.

-Los Angeles Rams

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

You left off the big "Skip 2020 Season" button. :D :(

by RamsFan2016
4 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   72  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Anyone planning on skipping the 2020 season? I'm leaning in that direction but waiting to hear if they will offer some kind of social distanced seating and logistically how that would work.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

RamsFan2016 wrote:Anyone planning on skipping the 2020 season? I'm leaning in that direction but waiting to hear if they will offer some kind of social distanced seating and logistically how that would work.

Skipping is Plan A for me. I haven't quite pulled the trigger on rolling my season tickets over to next year yet, though. Like you, I kind of want to see how it plays out. If they let fans in in any type of capacity, my season tickets could be valuable on the resale market.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Some ideas being floated that might effect your decisions.
- food only very limited pre packaged choices
-no vendors walking the seating areas. Concessions will only be from carts/stands.
-no draft beer or fountain soda. Bottles only.
-no mixed drinks
-or even making games dry.
I don’t have to have a beer at the game: but I know to some people that is blasphemous.

They also want everyone to try and go cashless for in-stadium transactions. Not a problem at SoFi: but what about older places like Buffalo or DC?

by Elvis
4 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Skipping is Plan A for me. I haven't quite pulled the trigger on rolling my season tickets over to next year yet, though. Like you, I kind of want to see how it plays out. If they let fans in in any type of capacity, my season tickets could be valuable on the resale market.

Same, gonna see how this plays out a little longer...

by Flash
4 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1209  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Same, gonna see how this plays out a little longer...

That's the way I'm thinking too. This really fucking sucks, I wanted to be at the first game in the new stadium.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The Green Bay Packers have joined the game.

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   953  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I feel the same. Wait it out. But dang it... the thought of some A hole sitting in my seat that I just shelled out a ton of money for that SSL during the opening game, and me forever knowing I wasn’t at it, gives me a bit of drive.
But I suppose they may have a lottery and many of us won’t get opening game anyway.
I’m starting to think they won’t have much of a season anyway.
A lot hinges on how the NBA and MLB season plays out I think.

by Buck415
4 years 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   20  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I'm also in the waiting it out camp. But a friend who bought the seats next to mine is a doctor who has decided to opt out to protect patients.

That reasoning is hard for me to argue with, especially since with the way things seem to be going now, it doesn't look like we're going to be in a better situation in two months than we are now. The models have been predicting September and October will be worse than now. Maybe the current news turns out to be blessing because it could scare enough people into changing behaviors that the rates again drop to levels where games might be played.

If that were to happen, I have no idea how decreased capacity could work. If the goal is social distancing and people are supposed to be 6 feet apart does that mean one person every third or forth seat with one or two completely empty rows in between occupied rows? Something like 10% of capacity? And if I have a block of 4 seats, and that row is one that is not empty, could I then use one or maybe two of them? (Going to a game alone is so very not appealing.)

Despite all that, I'm still going to wait a bit. (with my fingers crossed)

• 1 / 1
10 posts Jul 05 2024