617 posts
  • 39 / 62
 by AvengerRam
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

There's a pretty funny meme going around showing that the Falcons new uniform is extremely similar to the jerseys worn by the Mean Machine in the Adam Sandler remake of The Longest Yard.

by aeneas1
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

UtahRam wrote:Why management of any kind would give their head coach (like Glanville) the power to change anything about the uniform/colors is beyond me. The average tenure of an NFL coach is 3.8 years. It's one way of leaving a mark on the history of the team, I guess.

clark shaughnessy, the rams head coach from 1948-1949, was the genius responsible from changing the rams colors from navy and gold-yellow to red and gold-yellow in 1949 - insult to injury he did it the year after fred gehrke and the rams introduced their historic horned helmets.. shaughnessy had a history of changing uniforms, he did it 1942 when he became head coach of the maryland terrapins, changed their colors to red and white... fortunately when reeves fired shaughnessy after the 1949 season, he returned the rams to navy gold-yellow and brought bacj gerhke's classic horned helmet.

by Will0120
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

AvengerRam wrote:

I just don't get this approach. Why on Earth would you wait until after the draft to release the uniforms? The draft will provide the biggest audience between now and September.

This makes no sense.

They are probably hoping this whole Covid thing would blow over by then so they can do a big jersey reveal celebration/event... :roll2:

by Call me Roman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   293  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Now that I'm finally back in here i'm gonna put my two cents in, I like the new logo's. and I think its been a overreaction to it. so there.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Call me Roman wrote:Now that I'm finally back in here i'm gonna put my two cents in, I like the new logo's. and I think its been a overreaction to it. so there.

Casanova Frankenstein , , is that you?

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Call me Roman wrote:Now that I'm finally back in here i'm gonna put my two cents in, I like the new logo's. and I think its been a overreaction to it. so there.

Welcome back! Okay to delete your Cassanova account?

by aeneas1
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

so you're the one buying up all of the new swag and making it tough for others, eh? seriously, glad things got sorted out and you're back, but as much as you like the new logo, please don't change your avatar to show your like, because i love your current avatar and i don't know who anyone is these days because so many have changed their avatars to some version the new look! :D

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:so you're the one buying up all of the new swag and making it tough for others, eh? seriously, glad things got sorted out and you're back, but as much as you like the new logo, please don't change your avatar to show your like, because i love your current avatar and i don't know who anyone is these days because so many have changed their avatars to some version the new look! :D

Well...the “A” is the logo of The Avengers, and I’ve changed to the new ram head, so...

Never mind...it’s complicated.

It’s me, aeneas!!! AvengerRam!!!

• 39 / 62
617 posts Jul 08 2024