119 posts
  • 3 / 12
 by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:I need help. Can someone do the math? (I don't know the answer)

What is the draft-point value that the Rams gave up to get Cooks vs the draft-point value that the Rams are now getting to get rid of him?

They gave up #23 (760) and #198 (12) to get Cooks and #136 (38)
They gave up Cooks and got #57 (330) for a net of -404 which equates between pick 49 and 50. For two years of service. How many teams pick at 49 or 50 and don't get 1 good year of service?

Hey I liked Cooks. Sorry he had the concussion problems. But they apparently got out of that and took 13 mil off the cap.

by Haden
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2144  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Cooks was a head case, literally. Needed to move on. They also need to stop signing players with concussion or injury histories.

by Ramsdude
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

Can we get back to the "chinese virus" now?!?!?!?

J\k. I think this is a great move. A second and a fourth is great value IMO. Didn't we get Faulk for a second and fifth? And Faulk didn't have any injury concerns.

The last concussion he had wasn't even due to a "hit" from a player. Wasn't it from him going down to the ground? I remember being surprised he was concussed on the play. Didn't he have 2 last year alone? When you are getting multiple concussions in one season, it might be time to hang it up.

Good move by the Rams IMO.

by majik
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1210  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

They can draft Cooks replacement at 52 or 57 and get out of that contract. WIN-WIN

by Call me Roman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   293  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

good trade, I like it

by aeneas1
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Prudent and necessary.
Cooks should hang em up before he can't remember what he was going to hang up... 🤯

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4331  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

PARAM wrote:They gave up #23 (760) and #198 (12) to get Cooks and #136 (38)
They gave up Cooks and got #57 (330) for a net of -404 which equates between pick 49 and 50. For two years of service. How many teams pick at 49 or 50 and don't get 1 good year of service?

ok ... rounding up to 500 points makes for a solid argument. Valid point made.

Another good argument is net of -404 for two years of service, when one of those seasons put our team in the Super Bowl. Hard to complain about that. Valid point made.

I have a hard time deviating from a Zero Sum mentality. 1-1=0 (I know that in economics Zero-Sum is a fallacy)

But nevertheless, I feel like the team is weaker now by getting less draft points (a lower value) than we spent.

I'm sort of looking at it this way:

Not only did we give up two firsts for a Ramsey, now we have to show him the money. And since we have to show Ramsey the money, we have to give up 400 draft points which is the equivalent of a 2nd round pick.

So the way I see it, we have given up two 1st rounders and a one 2nd for Ramsey.

Love Ramsey, Love Goff, and Love Donald as much as I do Isaac Bruce ... but wow .. putting so much of our salary cap in three elite players. Quite a gamble ... especially with not much help from high draft picks ... hopefully this gamble pays off.

I hope the Snead-Demoff-McVay team know what they are doing.

by ramsrams
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Got freed.

• 3 / 12
119 posts Jul 08 2024